+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

landed but IO did not accept my friends address for PR card

pbusa15

Feb 2, 2008
I landed yesterday and came back to USA on the same day. During landing procedure the IO officer did not accept my friends address for the processing of our (me and my family) PR cards. I have read somewhere that I provide my address to CIC online. But I am not sure that by providing my address online will the start the production of our PR cards.

The officer gave me a form with with I can inform them about my new address. While I am outside of Canada, can my friend fax them the form. Could it cause any problem?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pbusa15 said:
I landed yesterday and came back to USA on the same day. During landing procedure the IO officer did not accept my friends address for the processing of our (me and my family) PR cards. I have read somewhere that I provide my address to CIC online. But I am not sure that by providing my address online will the start the production of our PR cards.

The officer gave me a form with with I can inform them about my new address. While I am outside of Canada, can my friend fax them the form. Could it cause any problem?
What was the reason given by IO for not accepting your friends address

pbusa15

Feb 2, 2008
He asked me: For how long I would stay in Canada? I said a day. Then asked me when will I move in Canada. I said after three months. Just after this little conversion he said he would not process our pr card as we were just coming to Canada for a day. He was little rude. I think he did not like the idea of coming in Canada for a day.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pbusa15 said:
He asked me: For how long I would stay in Canada? I said a day. Then asked me when will I move in Canada. I said after three months. Just after this little conversion he said he would not process our pr card as we were just coming to Canada for a day. He was little rude. I think he did not like the idea of coming in Canada for a day.
I think the same. 1 day made him rude

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's just that they are not supposed to send your PR card to an address they know you will not be staying at when it arrives.

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you became uuubbbeer honest. :) Should have just said you are there to stay for good and not gonna be there just for 1 day. ..then I think the IO would have processed your PR without any hesitations.

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
Do you need any process when you are leaving for Canada?

I mean if you mentioned to stay for 1 month but actually you only stay for 1 day, will it be a problem?

I guess you have US visa, which allow one stays in Canda for less than a month and you can then return to US without having to apply US visa again. Is it also true if you are landing to Canada as immigrant?

Thanks