LONDON
NOC Code......
7312/0114
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Hi Member's,

Wish you a Very Happy New Year & bright future ahead !!!!

I am from India basically working in oman from last 01 year. I have doubt about application filling :

1. About mailing address , either india address or oman address ( I am not sure till what time i ud be here in oman )
2. Where I have to send the intial application to india or canada.
3. I have not given IELTS, how sud i take my score. My eligible score reaching to 22+21+10+3=54 w/o ielts.
4. I have done PGDBA (DISTANCE LEARNING),AMIE,DME = How much I will get the marks 22 or 25?

Pls reply on above doubt, as I want to send the application by this sunday itself.

Rgds,
Ravvy

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.) Your choice regarding mailing address. But If you are not sure how long you will be in Oman my recommendation is, give an address where you can retrieve the mails from.
2.) To Canada
Centralized Intake Office for Federal Skilled Worker Applications in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada).
Full Address details available in Checklist form
3.) Just rate your english proficiency based on your assesment. You will need to submit IELTS score to CHC after you initial application is approved by CIO
4.) Please mention number of years of your education for point calculation

Also I recommend you to go through cic.gc.ca for complete information in detail

sim21

Jan 23, 2010
hi Ankit
I'm planning to file my application, I have few doubts, like
1.Do I need to send all my documents copy at the initial filing time to Nova scotia canada?
2.Do I need to attach any covering letter/Introduction letter with my application?
3.What all I need to send with my application form initially? I'm really confused, some people say I need to send notarized copy of all my documents, and some say dont need to send any documents initially and need to submit only when we get file number? what is true?
4.Is it better to take help of any immigration consultant or I should file on my own?

Thanks in advance.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please go through the link to understand the application process better
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

1.) You just need to send the forms, copy of passport and mailing labels. Please refer to the checklist
2.)NO, Checklist becomes the cover letter
3.) No docs with initial application, just follow checklist. There is a Visa specific requirement form which states what all docs you need to submit to Visa office after your initial app is approved
4.) Its your personal choice. There are lot os people on this forum who it them selves and successfully. There is enough information on cic.gc.ca to do it yourself.

I recommend you to go through cic.gc.ca for complete information in detail

sim21

Jan 23, 2010
Thanks a lot for your replies.
Few more ques, I'm confused about validity of this Permanent resident visa. And for what period can it be extended.
As I saw 1 visa stamped on someones passport and it has 6 months validity.

1. Is this visa valid for 5 years?
2.Can it be extended for another 5 years after completion of initial 5 years?
3.What is this 6 months validity stamped on visa, it is first port of entry?
4.Do we get separate permanent resident card with 5 years validity(apart from visa stamped on pp)?
5.If yes to que 4, then where do we get this card, do we need to apply for it separately?

I know my ques seems very trivial, but I need to know and I dont know any other source from where I can get these answers.

Sorry to bother you
Thanks in advance.

apache

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
04 Jun 2009
File Transfer...
09 Jun 2009
Med's Request
15 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
20 Jan, 29 Jan
Passport Req..
13 May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2010
1. visa is valid for one year only (either from the date of your first medical or the validity of your passport, whichever comes first)
2. i think it cannot be extended, not even beyond one year
3. see #1
4. pr card is given when you have already landed in canada. i read that it is mailed w/in 30 days of your landing. as to its validity, i do not know

hope this helps

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Visa is valid for One year from date of medicals or passport expiry date which ever is earlier. After you get the VISA and land in Canada you apply for PR which us Valid for Five years. You need to redide in Canada for at least two years in these five years to renew tour PR

I recommed you to read more on cic.gc.ca as most of the questions you are asking are clearly addresses on this site. Refer to the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/pr-card/index.asp

rpr1980

Aug 25, 2009
Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
7312/0114
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Dear Senior,

NOC : 7312 Experience : 11 yrs

Education :
1. A.M.I.M.E ( Equivalent to B.E ) - 03 Year Course
2.Dploma in Mech engg - 03 yrs course
3.PGDBA from Symbiosis Centre for distance learning - 02 yrs course
4.SSC

Age - 30 yrs

My wife Details
BA (IST YEAR - NOT PASSED) = 01 yrs
SSC + HSSC = 12 yrs
CERTIFICATE COUSRE IN MS OFFICE (govt approved course)
MAHARASHTRA GOVERNMENT COMMERCIAL CETIFICATE - ENGLISH TYPE WRITING 30 & 40 speed.
Certificate course in Beautician ( Private ) = 01 year

Question 01 : Can you please tell me How much points I will get with above Details?
Question 02 : Can I claim point of certificate course as TRADE DIPLOMA = 03 POINTS

Please help me out as I am in the final process of filling application
On 05/02/2010 , I would like to lodge the aplln.

Thanks in advance,

Ravvy