+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

kinda fustrated and surprised...

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this can definitely be listed to frustration.. but i am also surprised at the number of ppl who make mistakes while creating an account.

I mean how can someone make a mistake of their DOB, DOJ a job or graduation.. or something or the other for spouse.. I mean its just crazy to think that i would be so blind as to make such a mistake and not catch it when i re look my data for accuracy.. i am an accountant so maybe tat is the reason i m shocked at ppl.. I knw off ppl who add up few bills with calculator and make mistakes even in that.. their brain just shock the shit out of me...

I have heard of so many cases where ITA was declined.. if i realize i have the possibility of getting ITA even after 3-4 months, i would immediately work on my job experience letters... and atleast get the proof of funds thing in line, how hard is tat part, y do ppl remember only at the last moment that he can ask his dad to give him CAD 12000 on last moment, cant you ask that 6 months priror to save on personal anxiety issues.. and frustration frm other members..

if you are above 450, you can expect to receive ITA any time, therefore you all shld have your documents in order.. my logical mind says that if i m gonna worry abt job letters or funds at 11th hour.. i m screwed in my organizing skills..

offcourse police clearance is another thing, but then CIC gives u extra time for such stuff, so shldnt be a prob..

I guess CIC shld give more time to collect document for ppl who cant get their act together.. like maybe 3 months or so.. and if a person rejects ITA 2 times.. he shld be put in a cooling period for 6 months or so, bcoz hes wasting his own time, CIC time and slots for other applicants..

guess enough off ranting for today.. but I m still surprised at how ppl work..

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jassu2 said:
this can definitely be listed to frustration.. but i am also surprised at the number of ppl who make mistakes while creating an account.

I mean how can someone make a mistake of their DOB, DOJ a job or graduation.. or something or the other for spouse.. I mean its just crazy to think that i would be so blind as to make such a mistake and not catch it when i re look my data for accuracy.. i am an accountant so maybe tat is the reason i m shocked at ppl.. I knw off ppl who add up few bills with calculator and make mistakes even in that.. their brain just shock the *censored word* out of me...

I have heard of so many cases where ITA was declined.. if i realize i have the possibility of getting ITA even after 3-4 months, i would immediately work on my job experience letters... and atleast get the proof of funds thing in line, how hard is tat part, y do ppl remember only at the last moment that he can ask his dad to give him CAD 12000 on last moment, cant you ask that 6 months priror to save on personal anxiety issues.. and frustration frm other members..

if you are above 450, you can expect to receive ITA any time, therefore you all shld have your documents in order.. my logical mind says that if i m gonna worry abt job letters or funds at 11th hour.. i m screwed in my organizing skills..

offcourse police clearance is another thing, but then CIC gives u extra time for such stuff, so shldnt be a prob..

I guess CIC shld give more time to collect document for ppl who cant get their act together.. like maybe 3 months or so.. and if a person rejects ITA 2 times.. he shld be put in a cooling period for 6 months or so, bcoz hes wasting his own time, CIC time and slots for other applicants..

guess enough off ranting for today.. but I m still surprised at how ppl work..
first of all, you have no right to judge people in a way you just did. It is disrespectfull to say the least. It is also very rude.

Secondly, I can help but think that you think you are somehow better the rest of the people, and certanly better the the ones that got rejected. I am nost sure what you are basing your belief on, as it is certanly not your english skills..

Once you do get your ITA ( and I hope you do ), you will have a chance to prove how much better you are, and we will see how you will do..

I know filling my documents (and I had all of them prepared before) took me 3 days and two PC's. Technical glitchec kept deleting my information so I had to retype most of my personal, travel, educational and work experiance.. When you have more than 4 educational credentials, 5 employment periods and numerous other numbers and details combined with technical difficulties, it is extremly easy and likely you will make a mistake somewhere.
The only thing that is different is that some pople are lucky and have a VO that is willing to overlook these issues if they are not so huge, but then again you have VO's who are going to fail you for something someone might have passed.

So, don't be quick to judge others when you havent gone thru the process yoursellf, and if you can't help someone that keep your opinion (especialy such a rude one) to yourself as it is counterproductive.
I have been rejected ( due to CIC's mistake) and I know how devastating this is, so hawing a loud mouth like yourself rubing it, trust me can be extremly harmful.

I suggest you put your energy in trying to improve your score and securing ITA for yourself, and not in this..

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for most documents I agree.
I have most of my docs translated and notary verified, also I have my reference letters done including the one for my current job - it only needs stamping and signature.

But for POF I cannot agree ... This is a very problematic issue for a lot of people. And the reason why this is so is because when people decide to apply for EE they read the requirements : IELTS/some french exam, ECA and 1 year of experience. So they go do the exam, evaluate their diplomas and upload a profile. At this point people start finding forums and other comunities related to canada immigration and suddenly BOOOM 6 months balance for POF .... Before EE I have friends who did their process with a single bank document that contained info about their accont number, names and current available ammount, no 6 months balance.
So this is how it happens usually.

I did not go blindfolded during this process but I can say I did miss this part and only arranged the requested money amount 1 month after I did all other things to get my profile done straight. I am pretty low with my score 456 and thought it would take me at least 6 months more or until I do french exam or something. I got ITA 2 days ago ... this is how POF turns into an issue for me too.
Now I only got medicals left and .. this ..

Some details we find later because no one is sitting all day reading forums just in case they decide to immigrate. We work our asses off to get out english right and our education right and that's how POF is the last thing that pops up during the application process.

This is the common case.

PMA

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Instead of you saying the following:

Hey guys please make sure to double check you documents/ work before submitting. Make sure you have given yourself enough time to prepare everything to avoid consequences. I have seen applicants get rejected because they miss ABC… or ZYF….
Given the fact that you’re an accountant doesn’t given you the right to humiliate/judge or point fingers. Hopefully this is not the way you speak to your clients if you’re real accountant.

Good day!

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yelena said:
first of all, you have no right to judge people in a way you just did. It is disrespectfull to say the least. It is also very rude.

Secondly, I can help but think that you think you are somehow better the rest of the people, and certanly better the the ones that got rejected. I am nost sure what you are basing your belief on, as it is certanly not your english skills..

Once you do get your ITA ( and I hope you do ), you will have a chance to prove how much better you are, and we will see how you will do..

I know filling my documents (and I had all of them prepared before) took me 3 days and two PC's. Technical glitchec kept deleting my information so I had to retype most of my personal, travel, educational and work experiance.. When you have more than 4 educational credentials, 5 employment periods and numerous other numbers and details combined with technical difficulties, it is extremly easy and likely you will make a mistake somewhere.
The only thing that is different is that some pople are lucky and have a VO that is willing to overlook these issues if they are not so huge, but then again you have VO's who are going to fail you for something someone might have passed.

So, don't be quick to judge others when you havent gone thru the process yoursellf, and if you can't help someone that keep your opinion (especialy such a rude one) to yourself as it is counterproductive.
I have been rejected ( due to CIC's mistake) and I know how devastating this is, so hawing a loud mouth like yourself rubing it, trust me can be extremly harmful.

I suggest you put your energy in trying to improve your score and securing ITA for yourself, and not in this..
i agree it was a quite rude one.. that y i called it a rant.. and fustration..

i m not the best.. but atleast i m organized..
i m not gonna define my success on basis of whether i migrate to canada or not.. its a part of life.. but its just the number of mistakes and type of mistakes ppl commit..
I too have 5 employments to fill up.. couple of long duration travels to couple of countries.. point is i m not comparing.. i am just sayin.. how can anyone make a mistake in typing a date.. (i had to make excel sheet of my travels, so u can imagine the travelling i have done)

CIC mistake would have suked..

i dont hav room to improve.. other than french.. which would b a real pain.. but will work on it for personal development too..

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMA said:
Instead of you saying the following:

Hey guys please make sure to double check you documents/ work before submitting. Make sure you have given yourself enough time to prepare everything to avoid consequences. I have seen applicants get rejected because they miss ABC… or ZYF….
Given the fact that you’re an accountant doesn’t given you the right to humiliate/judge or point fingers. Hopefully this is not the way you speak to your clients if you’re real accountant.

Good day!
offcourse i dont say my client tat you r dumbass.. then i would b a bigger dumbass whn i get fired..

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
AnnaBG said:
I have most of my docs translated and notary verified, also I have my reference letters done including the one for my current job - it only needs stamping and signature.

But for POF I cannot agree ... This is a very problematic issue for a lot of people. And the reason why this is so is because when people decide to apply for EE they read the requirements : IELTS/some french exam, ECA and 1 year of experience. So they go do the exam, evaluate their diplomas and upload a profile. At this point people start finding forums and other comunities related to canada immigration and suddenly BOOOM 6 months balance for POF .... Before EE I have friends who did their process with a single bank document that contained info about their accont number, names and current available ammount, no 6 months balance.

I did not go blindfolded during this process but I can say I did miss this part and only arranged the requested money amount 1 month after I did all other things to get my profile done straight. I am pretty low with my score 456 and thought it would take me at least 6 months more or until I do french exam or something. I got ITA 2 days ago ... this is how POF turns into an issue for me too.

Some details we find later because no one is sitting all day reading forums just in case they decide to immigrate. We work our asses off to get out english right and our education right and that's how POF is the last thing that pops up during the application process.

This is the common case.
no matter if you show the balance just 1 month back, you just have to show the source where you borrowed from and the LOE with the same. If ur parents gift you send their balance for 6 months of FD account for 6 months.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for the update but I am aware of that already ...
Main point it to spare yourself all the trouble with gift deeds, endless certificates and stuff like that .. just give 6 month balance for each month and be safe.

the longer and more painful version is well-known to everyone thanks to people who explain and try to help.

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnnaBG said:

This is the common case.
I remember the single bank document thing.. but the rules got changed quite a long time back..
well i have stopped reading forums extensively.. but i actually have couple of notepad files for such stuff and to keep track off them..

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnnaBG said:
thanks for the update but I am aware of that already ...
Main point it to spare yourself all the trouble with gift deeds, endless certificates and stuff like that .. just give 6 month balance for each month and be safe.

the longer and more painful version is well-known to everyone thanks to people who explain and try to help.
excatly my point.. spare yourself and keep the money in your account.. particularly when u knw u ll get ITA very soon..

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
People make mistakes. That's a fact. With so many people interested in EE system, it's inevitable there are lots of careless people.

But then the fact that EE system doesn't give penalties to those who don't have to decline ITA for the reason of mistake in application may causes people not to think twice. Because if you can change your application afterwards, you aren't gonna put too much attentions to it and push things through.

And hence a number of people constantly getting ITA, and still remain in the pool, effective wasting ITAs every draw.

I think CIC forms gave adequate instructions and warning signs that we are responsible of what we put in. And we've signed it declaring they are true to the extend of our knowledge.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sometimes people have to decline ITA's due to the limitations of the EE system (Eg major flaw not being able to enter start and finish work dates in the format: dd/mm/yyyy). the current format of mm/yyyy incorrectly calculates working period for those who did not start on the fist day of the month and those who did not finish on the last day of the month. That's how people (including me) were given credit for a whole year before the '365 days' elapsed.

To claim an ITA on this basis would not only have been fraud but a disservice to people in the EE pool who legitimately accepted an ITA.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
What's frustrating to me is broad strokes arguments and sweeping generalizations, with no concessions made to personal situations or extenuating circumstances, of which the person making said arguments or statements has literally no knowledge.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
JoacRy said:
Sometimes people have to decline ITA's due to the limitations of the EE system (Eg major flaw not being able to enter start and finish work dates in the format: dd/mm/yyyy). the current format of mm/yyyy incorrectly calculates working period for those who did not start on the fist day of the month and those who did not finish on the last day of the month. That's how people (including me) were given credit for a whole year before the '365 days' elapsed.

To claim an ITA on this basis would not only have been fraud but a disservice to people in the EE pool who legitimately accepted an ITA.
ITA is given for 60 days. In the worst case scenario, where you get ITA on 1 Jan and actually reach year anniversary by end of February for the extra points, you will still make it 60 days.

Or they can just allow work period enter to the date. That would solve all the problem and confusion.

There is no doubt the online interface and forms are not at its best, but none the less it's better than hand written forms and prone to mistakes from handwriting and stupid government employees. (The new barcode form for snail paper PNP is better in that regard)

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:

well if the govt wants only mm/yyyy and not dd/mm/yyyy. its no fraud, my current job, i joined on 15th march.. i m gonna mention march as starting month, irrespctive how many days its calculated as.. offcourse they r gonna hav my other documents to chk this thru. so theres no fraud.. its the way CIC likes to calculate.. simple..