+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just an opinion

mississaugaapplicant

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Hey guys! I'm just here to give my 2 cents. And see what other people think.

As we all know by now, the second draw has been completed, with a score of 818. This means that people who got ITAs scored only 218. Please note that I am not disrespecting, or talking down to anyone. Congratulations to every one that got an ITA, I'm just debating an eligibility/priority factor.

I used the calculator on CICs website to determine how you can get 218 points. Someone under the age of 30, with ZERO education, as in did NOT graduate high school, has ZERO experience inside and ZERO experience outside Canada, and has a mix of "High Intermediate" and "Initial Advanced" proficiency in English and no second language is able to score 221, add the LMIA, and you get your ITA. Again, congratulations to everyone that got it.

On the other hand, take me for example, an average non-LMIA applicant, under 30, has a bachelor's degree, has almost 2 years of work experience inside Canada, advanced in all areas of the language, has a second language (French) and yet is unable to attain an ITA. That being said, I am sure MANY non-LMIA applicants have even better credentials.

That is why i feel the system is somewhat unjust. Please let me know what you think?

zareef

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with app
Med's Request
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Passport Req..
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
mississaugaapplicant said:
Hey guys! I'm just here to give my 2 cents. And see what other people thinkC

As we all know by now, the second draw has been completed, with a score of 818. This means that people who get ITAs scored only 218. Please note that I am not disrespecting, or talking down to anyone. Congratulations to every one that got an ITA, I'm just debating an eligibility/priority factor.

I used the calculator on CICs website to determine how you can get 218 points. Someone under the age of 30, with ZERO education, as in did NOT graduate high school, has ZERO experience inside and ZERO experience outside Canada, and has a mix of "High Intermediate" and "Initial Advanced" proficiency in English and no second language is able to score 221, add the LMIA, and you get your ITA. Again, congratulations to everyone that got it.

On the other hand, take me for example, an average non-LMIA applicant, under 30, has a bachelor's degree, has almost 2 years of work experience inside Canada, advanced in all areas of the language, has a second language (French) and yet is unable to attain an ITA. That being said, I am sure MANY non-LMIA applicants have even better credentials.

That is why i feel the system is somewhat unjust. Please let me know what you think?
AFAIK, you still have to score 67 points for FSW or meet CEC's eligibility criteria for FSW and CEC respectively. I wonder how the guys with CRS scores of 200-300 would qualify. ::)

n4mo

Feb 2, 2015

As we all know by now, the second draw has been completed, with a score of 818. This means that people who got ITAs scored only 218. Please note that I am not disrespecting, or talking down to anyone. Congratulations to every one that got an ITA, I'm just debating an eligibility/priority factor.

CIC is just balancing out the labor shortages. Yes, you maybe more educated than someone who scored 818, but that person could be doing trade (or any other work) that has a legitimate shortage ( www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_statistics/annual-top-occs.shtml#CA-2012 ).

If the current downward trend holds, by the 7th or 8th draw the score would be around 470*. Stay positive and hopefully you'll get your ITA pretty soon.

* Don't hold me to that number though, that's just an estimate ;-)

n4mo

Feb 2, 2015
thanks for the link. +1.
And yes, hopefully things go well, my WP expires in about 6 months, so fingers crossed.
Good luck then! Some people are going overboard (just check my reply to other posts) but at least you seem to be cool and calm regarding this new system.

Drzues

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
Canceled

I am agree with you, CIC needs to think about that. What they are doing with EE is just complete bs.

CANCANADA

Star Member
Feb 8, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2017
AOR Received.
06-08-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
n4mo said:
CIC is just balancing out the labor shortages. Yes, you maybe more educated than someone who scored 818, but that person could be doing trade (or any other work) that has a legitimate shortage.

If the current downward trend holds, by the 7th or 8th draw the score would be around 470*. Stay positive and hopefully you'll get your ITA pretty soon.

* Don't hold me to that number though, that's just an estimate ;-)
very matured and logical thinking buddy +1 to you for this.

SergiiK

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Not complaining, as I think think (and hope) they will not issue ITA under 800 and people will start getting ITA with+450+ , but I do believe that those who have such a low scores with LMIA should be screened very thoroughly as some of them definitely abused the system. Just one example: you have Indian/Filipino/Chinese/Russian restaurant and you apply for LMIA for cook from your country stating that only this cook can create authentic dishes (even though they don't have high education, language etc.). And there are a lot (not all of them, of course) examples like this. Again, I am not complaining about CIC, I'm just saying that some portion of LMIA-LMO holders are abusers. But rules are rules.