+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY APPLICANT - RIGHT TIME TO APPLY FOR NEW BOWP?

IMG

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
Hello folks

I have applied for PR under CEC in JULY 2014 (waiting on MR) and currently am working in Canada on a valid Bridging open work permit. The BOWP is expiring on OCT 02 2015 and I am wondering about the right time to file for the new BOWP? When I applied BOWP for the first time, I made a paper application and now is it possible to make an online application or do I have to make only a paper application? If both the options work, which one is the best option to go with? As of today, the current processing times as specified on CIC website are 48 days for online application and 74 days for paper application! Any response is highly appreciated and thanks for all your help.

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
IMG said:
Hello folks

I have applied for PR under CEC in JULY 2014 (waiting on MR) and currently am working in Canada on a valid Bridging open work permit. The BOWP is expiring on OCT 02 2015 and I am wondering about the right time to file for the new BOWP? When I applied BOWP for the first time, I made a paper application and now is it possible to make an online application or do I have to make only a paper application? If both the options work, which one is the best option to go with? As of today, the current processing times as specified on CIC website are 48 days for online application and 74 days for paper application! Any response is highly appreciated and thanks for all your help.
The Online process is fast you will get the response early. I assume you must have AOR so its better to apply online. In Online there is only one problem there is some mandatory questions and docs that you need to submit. Other than that Online process is faster. Paper application suites those who does not have AOR.
This is only my opinion, But wait for seniors response.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
IMG said:
Hello folks

Hi,
cecpet is correct. Don't use the paper based application which takes 74 days now. Although you still have enough time to apply, when the time comes apply online.

rishkataria

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
Hello IMG,

are you planning to apply online application for BOWP right now? if yes don't your work permit has to be expiring within 4 months before you can apply for BOWP?.

IMG

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
rishkataria said:
Hello IMG,

are you planning to apply online application for BOWP right now? if yes don't your work permit has to be expiring within 4 months before you can apply for BOWP?.
@rishkataria - Yeah, I am planning to make an on-line application. My plan is to file by the mid of April and by the time VO gets to my application, I will have 4 months left on my WP (assuming processing time of approx 45 days).

rishkataria

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
IMG said:
@ rishkataria - Yeah, I am planning to make an on-line application. My plan is to file by the mid of April and by the time VO gets to my application, I will have 4 months left on my WP (assuming processing time of approx 45 days).
thank you for a quick reply. I am a feb 2014 applicant and received my AOR on 5th march 2014. My workpermit is expiring on 23rd july 2015. Can I apply for online BOWP right now?

IMG

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
rishkataria said:
thank you for a quick reply. I am a feb 2014 applicant and received my AOR on 5th march 2014. My workpermit is expiring on 23rd july 2015. Can I apply for online BOWP right now?
YES. You should be good to apply right away!!! BTW, did you apply for GCMS notes and have you received your MR?

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
rishkataria said:
you are eligible to apply BOWP within 4 months of your current WP expiry - as it's 23rd July, you have to wait for another week to apply BOWP anytime after 23rd March.

IMG

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
vkshah said:
you are eligible to apply BOWP within 4 months of your current WP expiry - as it's 23rd July, you have to wait for another week to apply BOWP anytime after 23rd March.
yeah as vkshah said it doesn't hurt to wait for a week and then file!! But as far as I know you can file it even now!! I have seen people who have got WP's even with 5 months left on their work permits!!

rishkataria

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
IMG said:
yeah as vkshah said it doesn't hurt to wait for a week and then file!! But as far as I know you can file it even now!! I have seen people who have got WP's even with 5 months left on their work permits!!
Thank you for you suggestions :). I am kind of in dilemma and wants to apply right now as just in case my file gets rejected then I wont be able to apply because my AOR will be voided right?

@IMG Yes i did apply for GCMS notes and I havent recieved my MR yet.

So @vkshah so shall i actually wait for a week now or just apply?

IMG

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
rishkataria said:
Thank you for you suggestions :). I am kind of in dilemma and wants to apply right now as just in case my file gets rejected then I wont be able to apply because my AOR will be voided right?

@ IMG Yes i did apply for GCMS notes and I havent recieved my MR yet.

So @ vkshah so shall i actually wait for a week now or just apply?

Any red flags in your GCMS notes? why do you think your file would be rejected?

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
rishkataria said:

@ IMG Yes i did apply for GCMS notes and I havent recieved my MR yet.

So @ vkshah so shall i actually wait for a week now or just apply?
@rishkataria: I would wait for a week to become eligible as mentioned on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
@IMG: you may be correct too, if one needs to apply asap he/she can take a chance!

rishkataria

Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
IMG said:
Any red flags in your GCMS notes? why do you think your file would be rejected?
I ordered my GCMS notes and found this. On the CIC website it shows the hours should be 1560 and here the VO is asking for review for 1550 hours...and when I sent the file I calculated my hours on ROE's and first ROE had 461hr and the second has 647hours and the Second job had more then 1000 hrs and the total was more then 1800 and I even verified it with the lawyer before applying just to make sure if I meet the requirement....Any Input will be appreciated on this. My Timeline is Applient Feb2014, AOR recieved March 2014 and nothing after that... Please advise. its been 10 months and file was sent to second VO in sept 2014

APPLICATION: REGULATION: 2013 I have analyzed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and make the following recommendation. FOSS/GCMS check: No adverse info. PA currently holds valid status in Canada. CEC qualifying period is: from XX 2011 to XX 2014 Dates of authorized work experience­ within 'Qualifying Period'- in a skill level 0, A orB occupation: XX2012 TO XX2015 Category of work permit: PGWP Post-secondary studies in Canada: College-Technical According to schedule 8: Work Experience 1: (SEPT2012 TO JAN2013) & (MAR2013 TO AUG2013), NOC: 2282 selected, Part time with XXXX. Employment letter(s) dated 04NOV2013 confirm(s) date(s) of employment, position title and a salary of $23.08 PER HOUR. LOE/Supporting Docs appear to match lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. Supporting docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code. Web-based search conducted -Online information verified. ADDITIONAL NOTES: 2 WORK PERIODS FOR THE EMPLOYER ARE BASED ON THE SUBMITTED ROE'S. CALCULATED HOURS FOR THIS WORK EXPERIENCE APPEAR TO BE: 340 +460 = 800 HOURS. Work Experience 2: AUG2013 TO LOCK-IN, NOC: 2282 selected, Full time SERVICE OPERATIONS ENGINEER I with XXXX
. Employment letter(s) dated NOV2013 confirm(s) date(s) of employment, position title and a salary of $45K PER YEAR. LOE/Supporting Docs appear to match lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. Supporting docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code. Web-based search conducted -Online information verified. ADDITIONAL NOTES: CALCULATED HOURS FOR THIS WORK EXPERIENCE APPEAR TO BE: 750 HOURS. LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted- Applicant meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level: B. CRIMINALITY: RCMP Screening -No reportable trace for PA. All required PCs received and there seems to be no A36 concerns evident. PA: POLICE Certificates from India- No reportable trace MEDICALS: MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS PA: Medicals REQUIRED RECOMMENDATION: RECOMMEND REVIEW BY OFFICER (PA APPEARS TO HAVE NOT ACQUIRED A TOTAL OF 1-YEAR SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE IN A NOC 0, A ORB OCCUPATION. TOTAL CALCULATED HOURS APPEAR TO BE 1550 HOURS ONLY)

IMG

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
rishkataria said:
I ordered my GCMS notes and found this. On the CIC website it shows the hours should be 1560 and here the VO is asking for review for 1550 hours...and when I sent the file I calculated my hours on ROE's and first ROE had 461hr and the second has 647hours and the Second job had more then 1000 hrs and the total was more then 1800 and I even verified it with the lawyer before applying just to make sure if I meet the requirement....Any Input will be appreciated on this. My Timeline is Applient Feb2014, AOR recieved March 2014 and nothing after that... Please advise. its been 10 months and file was sent to second VO in sept 2014

APPLICATION: REGULATION: 2013 I have analyzed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and make the following recommendation. FOSS/GCMS check: No adverse info. PA currently holds valid status in Canada. CEC qualifying period is: from XX 2011 to XX 2014 Dates of authorized work experience­ within 'Qualifying Period'- in a skill level 0, A orB occupation: XX2012 TO XX2015 Category of work permit: PGWP Post-secondary studies in Canada: College-Technical According to schedule 8: Work Experience 1: (SEPT2012 TO JAN2013) & (MAR2013 TO AUG2013), NOC: 2282 selected, Part time with XXXX. Employment letter(s) dated 04NOV2013 confirm(s) date(s) of employment, position title and a salary of $23.08 PER HOUR. LOE/Supporting Docs appear to match lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. Supporting docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code. Web-based search conducted -Online information verified. ADDITIONAL NOTES: 2 WORK PERIODS FOR THE EMPLOYER ARE BASED ON THE SUBMITTED ROE'S. CALCULATED HOURS FOR THIS WORK EXPERIENCE APPEAR TO BE: 340 +460 = 800 HOURS. Work Experience 2: AUG2013 TO LOCK-IN, NOC: 2282 selected, Full time SERVICE OPERATIONS ENGINEER I with XXXX
. Employment letter(s) dated NOV2013 confirm(s) date(s) of employment, position title and a salary of $45K PER YEAR. LOE/Supporting Docs appear to match lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under NOC code selected. Supporting docs appear sufficient to demonstrate required experience in this NOC code. Web-based search conducted -Online information verified. ADDITIONAL NOTES: CALCULATED HOURS FOR THIS WORK EXPERIENCE APPEAR TO BE: 750 HOURS. LANGUAGE: IELTS submitted- Applicant meets benchmarks for work experience at this skill level: B. CRIMINALITY: RCMP Screening -No reportable trace for PA. All required PCs received and there seems to be no A36 concerns evident. PA: POLICE Certificates from India- No reportable trace MEDICALS: MEDICALS REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS PA: Medicals REQUIRED RECOMMENDATION: RECOMMEND REVIEW BY OFFICER (PA APPEARS TO HAVE NOT ACQUIRED A TOTAL OF 1-YEAR SKILLED WORK EXPERIENCE IN A NOC 0, A ORB OCCUPATION. TOTAL CALCULATED HOURS APPEAR TO BE 1550 HOURS ONLY)

I want you to go through this website for eligibility consideration as per CIC. You should have worked at-least 30 hrs per week for a full-time job for 52 weeks or double the time in case of a part-time job. Please re-calculate and check your hours!!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp