+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Journey to Residency

Goose_bump82

Oct 10, 2018
Good morning to all of you!
First of all I am very glad I have found this forum to get information on the subject and I hope someone can help me with my doubts.
Here my situation. I am italian and my girlfriend in Quebecoise. We want to start living together for accumulate 12 months of domestic partnership so she can sponsor me for the permanent residency.
Here's where the doubts come:
1 - If I go to Quebec with a tourist VISA, can the time accumulated with that status count?
2 - If we decide she comes to Italy, can the time in Italy be counted for the 12 months. If yes what kind of documents are necessary to demonstrate?
3 - I saw on the Canadian Immigration website that you need to send some documents to prove the continuing relationship. Will I be able to produce those documents with a Canadian touristic VISA (Utility bills...)? In the case she comes to Italy, are those italian (officially translated) documents considered valid from the Canadian immigration office?
4 - If you know some resource (also private and trustworthy) I can contact to have those info?

I am sorry for the number of the questions but we are trying to have the correct information to decide which option we should take to achieve our goal.

Thanks to anyone who will answer and good luck to everybody!!!

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Heya!

Here an Italian answering :)

To demonstrate you have been living together you can use rent lease/ utility bills / joint bank account (if you don’t have it I suggest you do it) ALL with both names on it.
If you do it from within Canada, your app would be Inland.
If you do it from outside Canada (Italy in this case), your app would be Outland.

You can do it in both countries, as long as you can proove co-abitation of 12 consecutive months minimum.
If you do it in Italy, and documents are all in Italian, you can get them translate and certified by a certified translator.

Regarding tourist visa sorry I would not know how to help as I have applied from outside Canada.

But, for translation of ANY documents, I have used them:
http://www.caesarweb.it/

Very reliable, fast and competent bunch of people. They are based in Rome but will assist you from any Italian City.

Hope I helped a bit and best of luck!
Ciao :)

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Oh also, forgot to mention, you can provide letters from family and friends certifiyng the genuity of your relationship, provide pictures of the two of you and anything else you have together! (Like post cards-car insurance-work insurance-life insurance-flight tickets-holidays bookings together.)

The more the better !

Goose_bump82

Oct 10, 2018
Ciao!
Thanks for the answer!!
I also would like to know if the 12 months can be divided into periods in Canada and Italy. So maybe I wouldn't know if the application should be Inland or Outland....
Is there an office or some lawyer you talked to to get more info about it?

Goose_bump82

Oct 10, 2018
Oh also, forgot to mention, you can provide letters from family and friends certifiyng the genuity of your relationship, provide pictures of the two of you and anything else you have together! (Like post cards-car insurance-work insurance-life insurance-flight tickets-holidays bookings together.)

The more the better !
Oh and also another question...I saw that temporary periods are not counted for the 12 months, so the time I visited her and the time she visited me doesn't count right? You mentioned flight tickets as a proof to demonstrate the genuinely of the relationship?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm finding very hard to find certain answers. You are very kind and I would appreciate your help. Maybe I can write you in private (in Italian??). Thank you very much!!!

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hi!!!

I don’t really know if 12 months can count if shared between CA and ITA really. I live in the UK and I found a really good lawyer (bit pricey) but did a fantastic job with us.
This is his website:

https://visa2canada.com/

He was super helpfull with everything!

Also yes I mentioned flight tickets: fr example we travelled a lot together in and outside Europe for holidays and we sent with our app tose flight tickets to show we not only live together but also go on vacations/travel to home countries to see our families and spend time together.

Oh also, I know you CAN apply outland from inside Canada (which means you can leave the country during the process), but you would not be allowed to work. Only with Inland you can apply for work permit!

If I can help you with anything yes of course drop me a message maybe I can help somehow :)