+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

jobseeker,Pls, I need your advise, thanks!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Jobseeker, I really need your help on this one. Thank you in advance!

I have already finished my 24 months working as a live-in caregiver, and now I am preparing my PR application and OWP.

I know that I can apply for both together, but the thing is my work permit has expired at the end of Dec. 2010, and I haven't received my extension of WP yet. It should be issued at the end of this month. But if I failed for new WP (I didn't provide a job offer letter, which according to other member here, is a must for same employer WP) I will lose my status(90 days after my WP expiry day will be past by then). I will have to leave Canada and my two years hard working will be wasted for nothing.

So I am thinking, maybe I can apply for my PR first, before I get the result from CIC. I already checked it out that applying for PR doesn't require a work permit copy. It's only the open work permit application that requires it. So I should be able to apply for PR. Then even my WP is refused at the end of this month, by then I already sent my new application, so will I be at implied status to stay in Canada legally till the new decision is made for my PR?

Or I could fax a job offer letter to CIC as supplementary document, to make sure I get the new WP. And then apply for both PR and OWP.But this way, there is no guarantee that my WP will be approved, risk is still there.

What do you think I should do? What is the safest way for me to do? Any suggestion will be appreciated! Thank you so much!God Bless us all!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Send a copy of a letter from your employer stating that they still need your services as their caregiver (in lieu of a job offer letter); attach a cover letter from you explaining that you failed to attach the letter when you sent your supporting documents. Send it through fax (as an advance copy) before sending them a copy thru mail- registered, priority mail would be best). You can also call CIC and ask an agent as to the status of your application in that way you know what the progress is and the agent can also guide you on what to do; get the agent's name and date and time when you did talk to him/her.

And you can send in your PR/OWP application now together with the necessary documents if you're ready.

xtalj said:
Hi, Jobseeker, I really need your help on this one. Thank you in advance!

I have already finished my 24 months working as a live-in caregiver, and now I am preparing my PR application and OWP.

I know that I can apply for both together, but the thing is my work permit has expired at the end of Dec. 2010, and I haven't received my extension of WP yet. It should be issued at the end of this month. But if I failed for new WP (I didn't provide a job offer letter, which according to other member here, is a must for same employer WP) I will lose my status(90 days after my WP expiry day will be past by then). I will have to leave Canada and my two years hard working will be wasted for nothing.

So I am thinking, maybe I can apply for my PR first, before I get the result from CIC. I already checked it out that applying for PR doesn't require a work permit copy. It's only the open work permit application that requires it. So I should be able to apply for PR. Then even my WP is refused at the end of this month, by then I already sent my new application, so will I be at implied status to stay in Canada legally till the new decision is made for my PR?

Or I could fax a job offer letter to CIC as supplementary document, to make sure I get the new WP. And then apply for both PR and OWP.But this way, there is no guarantee that my WP will be approved, risk is still there.

What do you think I should do? What is the safest way for me to do? Any suggestion will be appreciated! Thank you so much!God Bless us all!

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Saudi Arabia visa office is amazingly fast. The first time i sent my WP application together with the visit visa applications of my husband and my son, it was returned the next day after they received the package and told us to use study permit application for my son instead of a visit visa, and to change the bank draft from 450 to 425 CAD. After 5 days i resubmitted our applications and the following day I received a medical request from them. After the medical examination how long still do I have to wait before they make the decision? BTW, before they asked us, in our application package I have already submitted PCC's on countries where my husband and myself lived for more than 6 months.

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Send a copy of a letter from your employer stating that they still need your services as their caregiver (in lieu of a job offer letter); attach a cover letter from you explaining that you failed to attach the letter when you sent your supporting documents. Send it through fax (as an advance copy) before sending them a copy thru mail- registered, priority mail would be best). You can also call CIC and ask an agent as to the status of your application in that way you know what the progress is and the agent can also guide you on what to do; get the agent's name and date and time when you did talk to him/her.

And you can send in your PR/OWP application now together with the necessary documents if you're ready.
Thank you so much for your quick help! Jobseeker!

I have included a letter from my employer stating I have been working for them and they still need my services, and that we are renewing our contract for another 2 years. I don't know if this counted as a job offer letter. I tried to call cic, but it's hard to get through. I will try again. God bless us!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
That was what was mentioned on the primers, a letter from current employer and a contract (although with honeysweetie, they asked for a job offer letter, but they normally don't once a contract is submitted with the application). What you did not have before was your contract that was why it was refused. If you wanted to be sure you can ask your employer to write you a job offer letter and date it to the time you signed your contract. Call early but sometimes the wait is really long, and get the agent's name.

xtalj said:
Thank you so much for your quick help! Jobseeker!

I have included a letter from my employer stating I have been working for them and they still need my services, and that we are renewing our contract for another 2 years. I don't know if this counted as a job offer letter. I tried to call cic, but it's hard to get through. I will try again. God bless us!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, Jobseekers, you are always so helpful.

My employer has issued me the job offer letter, but I will just be honest to CIC, indicate why I didn't provide it in the first place. Now my other concern is where to send it.There are several different address for different situation, the only different is the postal code, I don't understand, same street number with different Postal code? Anyways, as far as I know, the processing time for work permit is now 115 days, what if they just open my new mail in 115 days ,just like they deal with our application, then it'll be too late. I need to find out the right address.

I will call them early tomorrow, hopefully I can get the answer and mail it tomorrow. God bless us!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Same employer so Unit 202.

Citizenship and Immigration -
Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville AB
T9C 1X6

xtalj said:
Thanks, Jobseekers, you are always so helpful.

My employer has issued me the job offer letter, but I will just be honest to CIC, indicate why I didn't provide it in the first place. Now my other concern is where to send it.There are several different address for different situation, the only different is the postal code, I don't understand, same street number with different Postal code? Anyways, as far as I know, the processing time for work permit is now 115 days, what if they just open my new mail in 115 days ,just like they deal with our application, then it'll be too late. I need to find out the right address.

I will call them early tomorrow, hopefully I can get the answer and mail it tomorrow. God bless us!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, that was what I thought too, then it occurred to me that what if they treat it like they deal with work permit application, then they probably won't open it in 115 days, the current processing time.

So I am thinking mabye it's the other address:

[flash=200,200]http://General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information):

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5[/flash]

That was what I found on CIC website. So I need to make sure I sent to the right place, and they will open it in the following week, which I anticipate to be time for them to open my application for WP that I sent on last Nov. 30.

I tried to get in touch with Honeyseetie, hopefully she has the answer to that.

Thanks for your quick reply, Jobseeker!

God bless us!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Okay, that is probably a better address. If you can get the fax number you can send it by fax and then mail the copy.

xtalj said:
Yes, that was what I thought too, then it occurred to me that what if they treat it like they deal with work permit application, then they probably won't open it in 115 days, the current processing time.

So I am thinking mabye it's the other address:

[flash=200,200]http://General correspondence (general inquiries, documents requested by CPC Vegreville, withdrawal requests, additional information):

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5[/flash]

That was what I found on CIC website. So I need to make sure I sent to the right place, and they will open it in the following week, which I anticipate to be time for them to open my application for WP that I sent on last Nov. 30.

I tried to get in touch with Honeyseetie, hopefully she has the answer to that.

Thanks for your quick reply, Jobseeker!

God bless us!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Last time when I call CIC, they told me there is no fax number and I will have to mail it, only at that time, I didn't realize the address will be a issue. I will call tomorrow to find out.

Thanks Job_seeker! It's so nice that you always give us help.

God bless us!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTW, I decided to apply for my PR and OWP before I get my new work permit, this was the call center agent told me. If I finished my 24 months within my implied status, I can apply. I will attach the copy of my old work permit, as well as a copy of my renewal of work permit which I sent last Nov. I will also have a letter explaining the situation, and that I assure that I will sent the new WP ASAP.

Preparing the application is a time consuming job, and there is always some new issues come out each time I review my whole application. I have finished my 24 months at the end of Jan, and I am waiting for all sort of document, now, it's WP, the last one. I am just tired to wait and wait and wasting my time like this. I am just gonna send it out, and leave it to God's hand.

God bless us!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
And where else can we ask for better help? :) Good attitude. Just check that you attach the documents asked for on the checklist. All the best.

xtalj said:
BTW, I decided to apply for my PR and OWP before I get my new work permit, this was the call center agent told me. If I finished my 24 months within my implied status, I can apply. I will attach the copy of my old work permit, as well as a copy of my renewal of work permit which I sent last Nov. I will also have a letter explaining the situation, and that I assure that I will sent the new WP ASAP.

Preparing the application is a time consuming job, and there is always some new issues come out each time I review my whole application. I have finished my 24 months at the end of Jan, and I am waiting for all sort of document, now, it's WP, the last one. I am just tired to wait and wait and wasting my time like this. I am just gonna send it out, and leave it to God's hand.

God bless us!

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehe, I guess the recent earthquake teaches me a lesson that I should take the most of my every single day, because who knows what's gonna happen tomorrow. I feel sad for people suffering in Japan. God bless us!

Good night, Job_seeker, it's really late, take care!

richmondhill

Star Member
Feb 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi job seeker!

i just want to inquire about applying for open work permit. after 5 months i'll be finishing the 24months, so that will be on august. but i need to have my 1month vacation starting on december 2012 until january 2013. is it possible for me to go on my 1month vacation while my application for open work permit is on going? my working permit is valid until july 2013 same thing with my TRV.

thanks alot job seeker

una

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
No worries as long as you'd still be working for the employer on your WP and your TRV is multiple entry. BTW when you go take your vacation, ask for a letter from your employer stating that you're going for a vacation ans is going to work for them when you come back.

richmondhill said:
hi job seeker!

i just want to inquire about applying for open work permit. after 5 months i'll be finishing the 24months, so that will be on august. but i need to have my 1month vacation starting on december 2012 until january 2013. is it possible for me to go on my 1month vacation while my application for open work permit is on going? my working permit is valid until july 2013 same thing with my TRV.

thanks alot job seeker

una