+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job title in work experience letter for School

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
I worked as Teaching Assistant for the elementary section. My work experience just mentions that I worked as 'teaching assistant for Grade 2', it doesn't specifically say elementary section. Although in the school website it says that elementary section is considered from grade 1-5. My concern is the letter just says Grade 2, the immigration people will understand, right?

Reactions: Mickydad

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I worked as Teaching Assistant for the elementary section. My work experience just mentions that I worked as 'teaching assistant for Grade 2', it doesn't specifically say elementary section. Although in the school website it says that elementary section is considered from grade 1-5. My concern is the letter just says Grade 2, the immigration people will understand, right?
IRCC knows that Grade 2 is elementary.

Reactions: forqueries

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
If in doubt, you can also add clarification in LoE (for your own peace of mind).

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
If in doubt, you can also add clarification in LoE (for your own peace of mind).
I don't think it should be an issue as the website clearly states (in case they check the website). Also, I will be using the NOC code which is for both elementary and secondary school teaching assistants so hopefully it won't be an issue since I have all the other necessary information (eg. Job roles) in the letter.

forqueries

Aug 4, 2019
I will also provide the appointment letter I received, and in that letter it's stated that I have to report to the Primary school coordinator which basically means the supervisor for the elementary section, so I guess I won't need to provide explanation.