+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job reference letter and bank account

Otmanebenali

Feb 26, 2023
Hello there,
First i have some questions about work reference letter, first they ask to be an official document. What’s that means?
Also they ask that the letter should be signed by your direct manager. What if he left the company after i left and i cant reach him?
I have also a question about my banc account which is 3 months new and they ask average balance for 6 month. Is that a problem? Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there,
First i have some questions about work reference letter, first they ask to be an official document. What’s that means?
Also they ask that the letter should be signed by your direct manager. What if he left the company after i left and i cant reach him?
I have also a question about my banc account which is 3 months new and they ask average balance for 6 month. Is that a problem? Thank you
Congratulations! See the link for mandatory documents. Yes, you need 6 months. Read about proof of work. Official document is on company letterhead.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Otmanebenali

Feb 26, 2023
I already know this link.
My question is about what they mean by official document? Is that means i need some signature from any government agency? Or just only on company letterhead?
And for the bank account what if my bank account is new, i just open it 3 months ago
Is that a problem?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I already know this link.
My question is about what they mean by official document? Is that means i need some signature from any government agency? Or just only on company letterhead?
And for the bank account what if my bank account is new, i just open it 3 months ago
Is that a problem?
If read the link then you would know the answers to the mandatory documents.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company)
And bank acccount must be 6 months so yes a problem.

• The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hello there,
Letter should be on official letterhead of the company.

It should be signed by someone who is currently working for that company and who is authorised to issue such letter. Companies can have different structure and procedure, i have seen letter given on simple company email also working.

For funds

You should provide letter from your other old bank account also.

As many bank accounts but last 6 months if you cannot, you have to explain your situation and if you are genuine, they will not reject you.

Now since you have an idea, you can discuss here with me if you want.
Cheers

Otmanebenali

Feb 26, 2023
Letter should be on official letterhead of the company.

It should be signed by someone who is currently working for that company and who is authorised to issue such letter. Companies can have different structure and procedure, i have seen letter given on simple company email also working.

For funds

You should provide letter from your other old bank account also.

As many bank accounts but last 6 months if you cannot, you have to explain your situation and if you are genuine, they will not reject you.

Now since you have an idea, you can discuss here with me if you want.
Cheers
Thank you for your reply.
So to explain you the situation
I had a bank account when i was working but it was closed automatically when i stoped working after the Corona situation so when i started the entry express process i opened a new bank account in December 2022
Should i ask my old bank for what documents?
For the reference letter it will be signed by the HR manager because my superior when i was working left the company. Is that okay?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Thank you for your reply.
So to explain you the situation
I had a bank account when i was working but it was closed automatically when i stoped working after the Corona situation so when i started the entry express process i opened a new bank account in December 2022
Should i ask my old bank for what documents?
For the reference letter it will be signed by the HR manager because my superior when i was working left the company. Is that okay?
Yes HR manager signing the reference letter is fine and accepted.

Request your old bank for a letter and old statements by email.

If they don't give then discuss here with me