+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offers

mikem2018

Jan 28, 2018
Hi all,

We had our IELTS exam a few days ago, currently waiting for results. We aren't going to get the 7 7 7 8 we are aiming for (most likely), so we aren't going to have the 460 points we'd hoped for on that side. The test itself is a load of bollo*ks but don't get me started on that one lol. On the basis that we don't go attempting the IELTS exam multiple times in the hopes of getting said points.. I'd like to ask about the below.

If we have a job offer, then we MAY be able to scrape the points needed to get selected for the ITA (depending on what the ielts scores were), or failing that, a job offer also means we can apply for PNP and in my partners field, we are told that will be successful without much issue.

So my question really, is how do people go about getting that job offer for their application, I assume the employer knows there may be a 5-6 month wait for you to actually come over and begin work? Where are people applying (job pool, indeed, agencies?) If using agencies, what agencies do they use? We are interested in Ontario, BC and Alberta regions. All require a LMIA accepted job offer. I've read that Ontario approach people in the EE pool if they are under the points needed and will nominate them. Do they still require the job offer in that case?

Lastly, I've read that ontario require a number of months of bank statements showing money, I cannot find much info regarding this for BC or Calgary, is anyone able to confirm if they require bank statements for 3 months?

Wasn't sure whether to post this in this forum or one of the recruitment forums. Figured as it is related to EE it fitted here more. Moderator - please move this thread to relevant section if you deem it in the incorrect place.

Edited for my terrible grammar. Thank goodness I'm not the PA.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's next to impossible to secure a job offer. I would focus on improving your IELTS score.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hi all,

We had our IELTS exam a few days ago, currently waiting for results. We aren't going to get the 7 7 7 8 we are aiming for (most likely), so we aren't going to have the 460 points we'd hoped for on that side. The test itself is a load of bollo*ks but don't get me started on that one lol. On the basis that we don't go attempting the IELTS exam multiple times in the hopes of getting said points.. I'd like to ask about the below.

If we have a job offer, then we MAY be able to scrape the points needed to get selected for the ITA (depending on what the ielts scores were), or failing that, a job offer also means we can apply for PNP and in my partners field, we are told that will be successful without much issue.

So my question really, is how do people go about getting that job offer for their application, I assume the employer knows there may be a 5-6 month wait for you to actually come over and begin work? Where are people applying (job pool, indeed, agencies?) If using agencies, what agencies do they use? We are interested in Ontario, BC and Alberta regions. All require a LMIA accepted job offer. I've read that Ontario approach people in the EE pool if they are under the points needed and will nominate them. Do they still require the job offer in that case?

Lastly, I've read that ontario require a number of months of bank statements showing money, I cannot find much info regarding this for BC or Calgary, is anyone able to confirm if they require bank statements for 3 months?

Wasn't sure whether to post this in this forum or one of the recruitment forums. Figured as it is related to EE it fitted here more. Moderator - please move this thread to relevant section if you deem it in the incorrect place.

Edited for my terrible grammar. Thank goodness I'm not the PA.
Find a job from outside with no work visa/PR will be difficult. Another option to increase your CRS points is to get nomination from a province aka PNP nomination. Check on this.

mikem2018

Jan 28, 2018
Yeh that is why I was asking if a province approaches you when you are in the pool, does the criteria of a job offer still stand? I have read Ontario approach people who are under the CRS score required (so we may submit at 380 and hope for the best), obviously they should be aware you don't have a job offer at the time of approach, so would that then no longer be a requirement?

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Yeh that is why I was asking if a province approaches you when you are in the pool, does the criteria of a job offer still stand? I have read Ontario approach people who are under the CRS score required (so we may submit at 380 and hope for the best), obviously they should be aware you don't have a job offer at the time of approach, so would that then no longer be a requirement?
there are some instances that Ontario could approach people with crs points under 400, in my case, I believe they may have searched the pool for ICT candidates around last year, my NOC is 2147 , so I think for HCP (Human Capital Priorities ) stream, it depends on which industry they need......some provinces might have different approach to express entry candidates..