+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB OFFERS HAVE STOPPED COMING IN JOB BANK

mananamr

Nov 27, 2015
Hi all

I applied for Job bank with complete profile in Aug 2015 and was receiving Job offers ( NOT RELEVANT TO MY PROFILE) for One and Half months , However since last ONE MONTH I am not receiving any offers .... what could be the reason ??? as job offers is critical for receiving a relevant Job offer and a strong link for receiving ITA .

Would appreciate If someone has faced similar issue , share his/her experience and WHATS NEED TO BE DONE TO START RECEIVING JOB OFFERS AGAIN FROM JOB BANK ...... PL SHARE AS IT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL TO ALL

good wishes to all who have accomplished MISSION CANADA

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I think you're using the wrong terminology. What's happening is you're receiving jobs that you may or may not choose to apply for based on your skill set.

A 'job offer' is a formal offer letter inviting you to take up a job after having gone through the job interview process. I also registered with Job Bank and did not get any emails at all.

Have you tried other websites such as Indeed, Workopolis etc? No job is guaranteed but at least you can tailor your resume for your skill set to match the requirements of the job advertisements.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Right, and to add to what JoacRy is saying, the Job Bank's 'Match' function has its fair share of glitches and I wouldn't be wrong in saying most people here haven't received any job notifications relevant to their skill set - none of the ones I have received match my NOC!

And come to think of it, I haven't read about anyone here on this forum who got themselves a job through the Job Bank. You could try networking with recruiters in Canada (using, say LinkedIn) or try other suggested job portals.

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mananamr said:
Hi all

I applied for Job bank with complete profile in Aug 2015 and was receiving Job offers ( NOT RELEVANT TO MY PROFILE) for One and Half months , However since last ONE MONTH I am not receiving any offers .... what could be the reason ??? as job offers is critical for receiving a relevant Job offer and a strong link for receiving ITA .

Would appreciate If someone has faced similar issue , share his/her experience and WHATS NEED TO BE DONE TO START RECEIVING JOB OFFERS AGAIN FROM JOB BANK ...... PL SHARE AS IT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL TO ALL

good wishes to all who have accomplished MISSION CANADA
Agree with u, even I have stopped receiving offers but the earlier which I was receiving were hardly in line with my profession. So does not make any difference.

JJ777

Nov 13, 2015
Tikhe0001 said:
Agree with u, even I have stopped receiving offers but the earlier which I was receiving were hardly in line with my profession. So does not make any difference.
You should be careful here. If your job bank profile has been inactive for a while it automatically deactivates the account until you log back in again. I would just log in now and again to make sure it stays active.

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ777 said:
You should be careful here. If your job bank profile has been inactive for a while it automatically deactivates the account until you log back in again. I would just log in now and again to make sure it stays active.
Thanks J for your concern. I am already doing that :)

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
recently received invitation to apply from an employer in Job Bank. i submitted my application the same day i received the invitation. what happens next?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what you're saying the Employer may evaluate your credentials against other resumes. If they think your skill matches the job requirements, you may get called for a job interview.

When you say 'invitation to apply' I take this to mean the Employer may be interested in your skill set.

larrymilla

Mar 3, 2010
I'm beginning to think that there are some selected countries that do get response to their resume in the job banks.

I've been using various Canadian job sites now for sometimes with no result.

Is there any special approach?

I'm an I.T Technician with many years of experience.