+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job consultant office validation

Alphonse1991

Mar 13, 2020
Hello very good day, i am trying to validate if a job consultant office is legit, i have started a process for a job visa with "Canada job consultant" and i am requested to submit a small fee for my visa job visa and residence paperwork, it gives me a lot of confidence but i would like to double check on some other people to confirm if this is legit.

Alphonse1991

Mar 13, 2020
No, first they asked to to fill out some forms sent my resume and answer some questions, then they told me would send my info to the companies they work with, then they came back with a job proposal from a company, and then they asked me for me documents, passport ID, adress, phone number, once i scanned them and sent them to them they took over a week to reach back to me since they made a background check as per what they told me, now they are asking for a fee which seems very small to me to start the paperwork for visa and residence

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No, first they asked to to fill out some forms sent my resume and answer some questions, then they told me would send my info to the companies they work with, then they came back with a job proposal from a company, and then they asked me for me documents, passport ID, adress, phone number, once i scanned them and sent them to them they took over a week to reach back to me since they made a background check as per what they told me, now they are asking for a fee which seems very small to me to start the paperwork for visa and residence
It's pretty much guaranteed to be a scam.

Are they going to cover your accommodation or food or flight costs?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
No, first they asked to to fill out some forms sent my resume and answer some questions, then they told me would send my info to the companies they work with, then they came back with a job proposal from a company, and then they asked me for me documents, passport ID, address, phone number, once i scanned them and sent them to them they took over a week to reach back to me since they made a background check as per what they told me, now they are asking for a fee which seems very small to me to start the paperwork for visa and residence
It's a scam. Also, never, ever send out personal information, passport, ID scans as you are at serious risk of identity theft.
Just as an example, based on the documents you sent, they could have a credit card issued in name - and you would be liable to pay the credit card companies for the charges incurred.
I know it can be tempting as the offer may seem too good to be true. But when it does, it often is. Take care, buddy!

Alphonse1991

Mar 13, 2020
I am from a different country, and yes they will provide flight and accomodation as per the information given to me, i am taking care of 20% of the cost of everything which is on 500$ and they will cover with the rest of the expenses, the company that selected me will do, i look for the job agency and they show on google map on toronto canada, they have a secure website, with the HTTPS and the lock on the left, and they seems to be a legit company still if somebody else when trough the same and got scammed or can confirm is legit i would give me piece of mind.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am from a different country, and yes they will provide flight and accomodation as per the information given to me, i am taking care of 20% of the cost of everything which is on 500$ and they will cover with the rest of the expenses, the company that selected me will do, i look for the job agency and they show on google map on toronto canada, they have a secure website, with the HTTPS and the lock on the left, and they seems to be a legit company still if somebody else when trough the same and got scammed or can confirm is legit i would give me piece of mind.
100% fake. Zero chance this is a real job offer. These are scammers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am adding facebook page :
https://www.facebook.com/CanadaJobConsultant/

and website link

https://www.canadajobsconsultant.com/index.html

does any body know about them ?
This isn't a business address. It's someone's personal apartment in Toronto. First sign of a scam.

Secondly, employers don't pay for travel or accommdations. This is one of the most obvious signs this is a scam.

Web site looks fake. No real details. They've probably just copied text from other site. This is very common and we see lots of scam websites here. As for Facebook, anyone can set that up. It proves nothing.

Lastly, the process they have made you follow is not how people are hired in Canada. It is, however, the process scammers pretty much always follow to get money out of you.

Alphonse1991

Mar 13, 2020
Ok i see, thank you all for your help i will proceed to place a report in the CA embassy site for fraud,
Fortunately i decided to consult and investigate before submitting any payment, how can i proceed i was given a bank account and the acont holder name in CA to process the transfer of the money can i report this person to the local CA authorities ?

Aidanfaz

Jul 12, 2021
Ok i see, thank you all for your help i will proceed to place a report in the CA embassy site for fraud,
Fortunately i decided to consult and investigate before submitting any payment, how can i proceed i was given a bank account and the acont holder name in CA to process the transfer of the money can i report this person to the local CA authorities ?
I am Canadian and I have a friend from abroad who's asked me to verify the legitimacy of "Canada Job Consultant" Is it in fact a scam? Thank you