May 14, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello!

I keep getting conflicting information so hopefully someone can help! Basically, I applied to the BC PNP (semi skilled worker) I received my nomination in March with no employer restrictions. I still have yet to send off my PR application as it's taking me a while to gather everything. I really want to change jobs, the pay sucks, I've been there almost two years and the thought of having to wait out another 18 months with the same employer is killing me! Can I change jobs without it affecting my PR application? Would I have to let the pnp know or CIC after I've sent off my PR application? Also I'm still waiting on my bridging open work permit.

Any information would be appreciated!

Amy

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Generally you can change job if your PNP is not tied to / sponsored by / supported by a specific employer.
I'm not familiar with BCPNP but seems it does mention under entry level and semi skilled program that employer is required to support your application and they'll have to report termination of employment. So you may not be able to change job easily as your new employer will probably need to be assessed.

Also, you can't apply for BOWP until after you've submitted your PR application, so expect it to be rejected unless you apply for PR immediately and provide AOR as soon as possible to support your BOWP application.

amyransom89

May 14, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Generally you can change job if your PNP is not tied to / sponsored by / supported by a specific employer.
I'm not familiar with BCPNP but seems it does mention under entry level and semi skilled program that employer is required to support your application and they'll have to report termination of employment. So you may not be able to change job easily as your new employer will probably need to be assessed.

Also, you can't apply for BOWP until after you've submitted your PR application, so expect it to be rejected unless you apply for PR immediately and provide AOR as soon as possible to support your BOWP application.

Thanks for the info. Although I did speak to my pnp adviser and she did that you can still apply for a bridging visa as long as you have the nomination

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017