+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Bank Profile is a BIG JOKE!!

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I applied for the CEC stream and my application is currently in process but have also tried to apply for EE last week.

Completed the CIC online questionnaire and scored 315 which I think is a joke. I graduated from Canada and have been in my current job for close to four years and have a permanent job offer. I think my low score is due to not having a LMIA which I don't need because I am on an open work permit.

I continued to follow the EE steps and received the letter that asks me to create a job bank profile. Entered my job noc code in the search area and the salaries I found were all between $40k to $60k which I think is a joke.

I think the new EE system does not favour all international students on PGWPs and CIC will have to revise its eligibility requirements for international students.

I think I am fortunate to have been eligible to apply under the older CEC stream.

Good luck everyone!!

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
xecuter said:
So I applied for the CEC stream and my application is currently in process but have also tried to apply for EE last week.

Completed the CIC online questionnaire and scored 315 which I think is a joke. I graduated from Canada and have been in my current job for close to four years, have a permanent job offer and I make over $120k per year. I think my low score is due to not having a LMIA which I don't need because I am on an open work permit.

I continued to follow the EE steps and received the letter that asks me to create a job bank profile. Entered my job noc code in the search area and the salaries I found were all between $40k to $60k which I think is a joke.

I think the new EE system does not favour all international students on PGWPs and CIC will have to revise its eligibility requirements for international students.

I think I am fortunate to have been eligible to apply under the older CEC stream.

Good luck everyone!!
Why do they have to change their requirements to favour PGWP holders?

Hope you got your CEC application in before October 20th!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
apart from whether PGWP should get 600 points or not, if you have 4 years on a job and a Canadian degree/diploma, how come you only have 315 points? You are missing language test? Something doesn't sound right here.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
xecuter said:
They should change the requirements for international students because they have been living in Canada for several years, contributed to the economy, attended school, worked and adapted to the living style so it makes sense for them to be in a better position that others who apply from outside Canada who may not succeed once they land in Canada!

And by the way, I got my AOR a long time ago.

Cheers
If you got your AOR a long time ago, why do you care about EE?

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
xecuter said:

Completed the CIC online questionnaire and scored 315 which I think is a joke. I graduated from Canada and have been in my current job for close to four years, have a permanent job offer and I make over $120k per year. I think my low score is due to not having a LMIA which I don't need because I am on an open work permit.

Good luck everyone!!

I understand about LMIA but what's up with the salary? Does it effect your score if you earn 120k or 60k?

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
As far as I understand, LMIA means that employer is interested in you, not that you are interested in employer.
You have no obligations to work for LMIA-employer. After receiving your LMIA he waits for you and nothing really forces you to quit your current position. And you get +600 points:)
40k-60k - does not matter...the only requirement for LMIA - salary must be more than average for this NOC.

On the other hand, LMIA and JobBank is not connected at all. You can get high salary and LMIA without jobbank with current or any prospective employer. In the worst case, they will register an account especially for your LMIA, if you are valuable for them.