+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 2020 delay on final decision for study permit

dudu2020

Dec 31, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I applied for study permit from within Canada. I recently graduated with an associate degree from a college in US.
I came to Canada in June, paid my tuition fee for BcSN in Nursing at Seneca/York collaborative program. September 2019
I applied for study permit in July 2019
After a very long wait
Passed medical September 2019
Defer admission due to delay.
October 28 received corespondence letter. Validation of my Biometrics.
Since then nothing.
School starts Jan 6, 2020.
My representative reached out to IRCC and they sent a letter stating they are still working on it.
I don’t think I can defer my admission the second time . Anyone experiencing same issue? Kindly reach out

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Where are you from? Unfortunately applying from within Canada is not really recommended because it becomes very hard to prove strong ties to your home country. Given your extra long delay there must be other factors. Perhaps citizens from your home country leads to lots of asylum claims. Do you have lots of family in Canada?

dudu2020

Dec 31, 2019
Where are you from? Unfortunately applying from within Canada is not really recommended because it becomes very hard to prove strong ties to your home country. Given your extra long delay there must be other factors. Perhaps citizens from your home country leads to lots of asylum claims. Do you have lots of family in Canada?
I have lived in the US for 4 years and graduated from college in June with an associate degree in Nursing. I am trying to BcsN in Nursing now. I don’t have family ties in Canada. I don’t have any family in Canada.

dudu2020

Dec 31, 2019
Hello Everyone! So my study permit has been approved. My passport was requested for today. I sent my passport over to them. Approval date January 10th.
Application submission July 19th 2019.
Application Approved January 10th 2020.
After a long wait. To God be the glory.