+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 2015 Query

SahanaShiv

Nov 13, 2014
Hello Everyone! Could someone please help me with these questions?
1 - If I take up iELTS on November 22nd and get my results by December 1st week, Would I be very late for Jan Intake?
2 - What is my next option if not Jan?
3 - I am looking for a certificate course, would my Visa be denied?
4 - Does canada embassy have dead lines to file Visas?
5 - My lst education was 6 years ago and I have work experience for the same. Is this an advantage or Disadvantage?

Please help as I was relying on a Consultancy and after working with them for 2 months, now they said I am very late for january.

josephDev

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
1 - Yes, you are too late for jan intake
2 - you have to start preparing right now and can go for may(summer) or september(fall) intake, few colleges/univs offer summer intake, so check with the college/univ
3 - whatever course you choose should be in sync with your previous studies or experiences, acceptance or refusal of visa all depends on various parameters, check the forum for more information
4 - I think they dont have any deadlines, but you have to check with your college/univ deadlines and to be on safer side apply for visa atleast 2 months before the college starts
5 - experience is an advantage, but you have to mention in your SOP that why do you want to study after 6 years of job, how can that help you in your career etc etc.

if visa is your main concern, check the forum, there are experts who have given good explanation on visa procedures.

Luvsin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Punjab
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/14
josephDev said:
1 - Yes, you are too late for jan intake
2 - you have to start preparing right now and can go for may(summer) or september(fall) intake, few colleges/univs offer summer intake, so check with the college/univ
3 - whatever course you choose should be in sync with your previous studies or experiences, acceptance or refusal of visa all depends on various parameters, check the forum for more information
4 - I think they dont have any deadlines, but you have to check with your college/univ deadlines and to be on safer side apply for visa atleast 2 months before the college starts
5 - experience is an advantage, but you have to mention in your SOP that why do you want to study after 6 years of job, how can that help you in your career etc etc.

if visa is your main concern, check the forum, there are experts who have given good explanation on visa procedures.
I would like to add to the 4th point here,
YES, CANADA EMBASSY DOES HAVE A DEADLINE, For JAN intake, it's 30th November last date to file your application to Embassy.

anwarpal

Oct 17, 2014
They don't readily refuse your application if you cross the so called dead line. This little risk is Worth applying for January and not having to wait for months.

josephDev

Star Member
Jun 14, 2014
Luvsin said:
YES, CANADA EMBASSY DOES HAVE A DEADLINE, For JAN intake, it's 30th November last date to file your application to Embassy.
Cool, i didnt know that, so is it same with the fall and summer intake? i mean one month prior would be the deadline?

lucky_always24

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-July-2013 , 28-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
04-06-13, 04-11-14
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
Approved on 11-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
Luvsin said:
Not a deadline, They just recommend to apply one month before stating of classes otherwise application is likely to be refused. Even people apply in first and second week of December. ( in India only )

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
lucky_always24 said:
Not a deadline, They just recommend to apply one month before stating of classes otherwise application is likely to be refused. Even people apply in first and second week of December. ( in India only )
Agrree with Lucky .. they recommend to apply as earley as possible...I applied my student visa in the month of August 2010, Class start date sept 7 .. for january intake class most probably start by 15 jan, 2015...

So best of luck for your application.
Jai Hanumaan..

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
josephDev said:
Cool, i didnt know that, so is it same with the fall and summer intake? i mean one month prior would be the deadline?
its not a deadline and it applies to india . I believe other countries will have different recommended dates.....

example general check list below

"We strongly recommend that you submit your application at least three months ahead of your proposed date of travel. Applications that are received after 01 April for May entry, after 01 August for September entry and after 01 December for January entry will not normally be processed in time for the start of classes and will likely be refused."

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/checklist-student-general-liste-etudes-generique.aspx?lang=eng

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Yes, it is too late for January 2015 intake. You may try May & September 2015 intakes. Few colleges have February intake, you may apply your study permit application until January 1, 2015 for Feb intake.