+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - Statutory Questions - Visa refusal to Canada or Any other countries (Not matching past applications to IRCC)

SAR66

Apr 6, 2018
Hey everyone

In the PR application after ITA, in the statutory questions there is a question asking's about any visa refusals to Canada or any other country

Has...... been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)

Its asking me to declare if I had any previous visa refusals to any country. Here is my issue, I actually don't remember it very well if I even did.
In 2017 I applied for a Singapore visa, and I did not get the visa then - I can reasonable assume that I got refused for that visa.

Also during 2011 I might have applied for a UK visa which I did not get either. This one my memory is very vague about. I can't even remember for sure if I even applied for the UK visa or not, I was very young back then and do not remember much. Possibly I did and I think it did not get approved.

So this is my question for the UK visa application, since I do not clearly remember what happened. Do I chose yes for that question and say I do not remember what date it was in? And also what happens if I did not even apply for the UK visa or did not get direct refusal? Will that be misrepresenting saying i got visa refusal from UK whilst not actually getting a refusal from them??

Another question I don't think I mentioned my VISA refusals during my Study permit application or my PGWP or my TRV. If I mention 'yes' to it now won't that create inconsistency with my past applications to IRCC? How do I rectify it? I honestly could not recall during the other applications to IRCC about my past visa refusal to other countries. Do I mention that in my LOE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
When in doubt always declare! Not declaring your prior visa refusals is considered misrepresentation.
You will have to declare them now in your PR and explain why you didn't do it for the previous visas. You can also explain about the UK visa and that you don't remember(declare it as Yes), though do check your passport for a refusal stamp. I had a refusal stamped by the UK embassay in the back page in 2011.

SAR66

Apr 6, 2018
Hi AishB,
Thank you very much for the reply.
So basically I should mention yes to both of them, and then in a LOE mention that the UK visa refusal might have happened though I am not fully sure ( i wil try to locate my old passport and see if a refusal stamp is there). I will have to mention that i did not remember it during my previous IRCC visa applications, however since I remembered them now I am mentioning it now. I hope it does not cause any issues.
Btw do you know if there is any LOE format template for situations like?

Thanks again!

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi AishB,

Thank you very much for the reply.

So basically I should mention yes to both of them, and then in a LOE mention that the UK visa refusal might have happened though I am not fully sure ( i wil try to locate my old passport and see if a refusal stamp is there). I will have to mention that i did not remember it during my previous IRCC visa applications, however since I remembered them now I am mentioning it now. I hope it does not cause any issues.

Btw do you know if there is any LOE format template for situations like?

Thanks again!
No specific format. I used a formal letter type and included Appendix when needed.