+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - Sibling Points - Proof of Residency in Canada of Sibling

maliksisb

Oct 4, 2017
Hello,

I've received the ITA and now completing my online application. I have a sister who is living in Canada for last 2 years. She has the PR card which I can show as proof of her status in Canada. Also I'd attach our birth certificates to show as proof of sibling relationship.

However, what I'm concerned about is how to provide "Proof of Residency in Canada of Sibling". She's a homemaker and the only bill she has on her own name is her credit card bill. All other utility bills are under her husband's name. Also the properly they are living in is owned by her husband.

Please advise if providing her credit card billing is a sufficient "Proof of Residency in Canada of Sibling"?

Thanks.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello,

I've received the ITA and now completing my online application. I have a sister who is living in Canada for last 2 years. She has the PR card which I can show as proof of her status in Canada. Also I'd attach our birth certificates to show as proof of sibling relationship.

However, what I'm concerned about is how to provide "Proof of Residency in Canada of Sibling". She's a homemaker and the only bill she has on her own name is her credit card bill. All other utility bills are under her husband's name. Also the properly they are living in is owned by her husband.

Please advise if providing her credit card billing is a sufficient "Proof of Residency in Canada of Sibling"?

Thanks.
Utility bills with her name and address on them (and rental agreements) are preferred, but I used my sister's credit card and cell phone bill statements (with her name and address on them) since her utilities are all apparently rolled up into her rent so she doesn't get utility bills. I figured these would be good, in lieu of utility bills though, because not only do they show her address but they also show multiple transactions and telephone calls in Toronto over the course of the month they reflect which is pretty good additional proof of physical residency in my opinion :). You might be able to use bank statements with her name and address on them as well...

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hello,

Thanks.
I have used the following:

- First page of the tenancy agreement showing name of my brother and his family, since the whole agreement is too large to upload;
- Tax Return;
- Bank Statements (latest) showing payment of CC bills etc.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

Please help me what Documents can I submit ( I have my brother's T4) urgently.

krishkrish

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi,
I applied for pr under CEC, My brother's proof of residency I uploaded 1) Bank statement 2) Canada Driving Licence.
But Yesterday Ircc sends one request letter saying that: Sibling- Residence CDA: Please provide proof of your sibling’s/family member’s residence in Canada, other than a provincial driver’s license, bank statement, or cell phone bill, which confirms their current place of residence.

Please help me with what Documents can I submit ( I have my brother's T4) urgently.