+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Received, wife pregnant, AOR received, BOWP refused advice needed

contact11

Sep 21, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have received the ITA in Nov 1st week, and submitted the complete application around Nov mid and received the AOR, got the medical deferral letter for my wife as she is pregnant.

On Dec 1st week I applied for BOWP as my workpermit is expiring in March, yesterday I received the letter of refusal saying 'You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because no application for Permanent Residence has not been received.' I had included the AOR which i have got after submitting the application for PR.

if any one can advice on my case as I am worried what to do next, please advice

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
contact11 said:
Hi Guys,

I have received the ITA in Nov 1st week, and submitted the complete application around Nov mid and received the AOR, got the medical deferral letter for my wife as she is pregnant.

On Dec 1st week I applied for BOWP as my workpermit is expiring in March, yesterday I received the letter of refusal saying 'You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because no application for Permanent Residence has not been received.' I had included the AOR which i have got after submitting the application for PR.

if any one can advice on my case as I am worried what to do next, please advice
not that I can provide any advise or help, but this scares me, bcoz I am about to submit bowp application soon based on AOR.

contact11

Sep 21, 2016
Batman_is_Real said:
not that I can provide any advise or help, but this scares me, bcoz I am about to submit bowp application soon based on AOR.
I uploaded the AOR even it saying 'You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because no application for Permanent Residence has not been received.' this is bothering me

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
Weird. What does the status of your PR application says? And when did you received AOR?

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
with that being reject though, can't you just create another bowp application.? Just curious.

And wait for some seniors to answer but I guess they will suggest to raise CSE for BOWP.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might wanna check following thread and post your question there as well.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t272029.720.html;topicseen

if you get any solution don't forget to update your post with solution so other people in similar situation can get some help. Cheers

good luck and congratulation as well for soon to become Dad. :)

azaadpanchee

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
I'm curious about this as well... please post the solution as soon as you figure the right way forward.
thanks and good luck

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the criterion for approving a BOWP application is positive assessment of MEC. In OP's case, deferral of medicals may have caused their application to be placed on standby hence their MEC probably wasn't even evaluated at the time their BOWP application was being assessed.

contact11

Sep 21, 2016
Hi,

Today I called CIC and after 50 min of call , I got response that the support guy has verified all the documents of my file and he had raise the request for 'reconsideration of my file' and told me if I didn't heard anything before 15 days of expiring WP, reapply again.

contact11

Sep 21, 2016
torontobluejays said:
Did your panel physician recommended X-ray for your wife? What does your profile shows on medicals section?
No panel physician told its advisable not to go for x-ray but its your decision, so we chose not to go for x-ray exam and doctor has provided deferral letter.

contact11

Sep 21, 2016
Batman_is_Real said:
You might wanna check following thread and post your question there as well.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t272029.720.html;topicseen

if you get any solution don't forget to update your post with solution so other people in similar situation can get some help. Cheers

good luck and congratulation as well for soon to become Dad. :)
Thank you Batman_is_Real