+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA - FSW. I think I screw up!!! URGENT

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have 466 CRS score and received 12th round invitation. However, I am invited under FSW category. I think I have screwed up on my profile, because I put "yes" for the question Do I have a job offer in Canada? and then put "no" subsequently for the question do I have a LMIA?. I think I was confused by that whole section of questions and thought that it would not matter if I indicated "no" for LMIA, since I did not claim 600 points.

Now, should I proceed to complete my application for PR, or should I reject the invitation and wait for another round? I still have one year left on my PGWP. I am worried. Does anyone have CIC's number that I can call? :(

If I proceed with my application, when I need to submit my documents, does the e-application ask for a LMIA-support job offer letter under FSW? Or, should I change my answer to the question Do I have a job offer in Canada? to "no" in the information review stage?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Check this:-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/invite.asp

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
roync1031 said:
Hi everyone,

I have 466 CRS score and received 12th round invitation. However, I am invited under FSW category. I think I have screwed up on my profile, because I put "yes" for the question Do I have a job offer in Canada? and then put "no" subsequently for the question do I have a LMIA?. I think I was confused by that whole section of questions and thought that it would not matter if I indicated "no" for LMIA, since I did not claim 600 points.

Now, should I proceed to complete my application for PR, or should I reject the invitation and wait for another round? I still have one year left on my PGWP. I am worried. Does anyone have CIC's number that I can call? :(
I don't see a problem there if u have a LMIA exempt job offer.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
roync1031 said:
Hi everyone,

if you answer 'no' to valid job offer also, you will have same crs points right? So you will be fine I believe. Its just the points that matter. Anyway this is my opinion and I suggest you to wait for other experts' opinion as well.

rhonny20

Jul 12, 2012
SAJ_ee2015 said:
if you answer 'no' to valid job offer also, you will have same crs points right? So you will be fine I believe. Its just the points that matter. Anyway this is my opinion and I suggest you to wait for other experts' opinion as well.
Completely agree on this.

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
SAJ_ee2015 said:
I use the CRS score calculator tool on the CIC website to re-calculate my score. I specifically choose "no" for the last question on whether I have a valid job offer. My score is still at 466.

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
rhonny20 said:
I don't see a problem there if u have a LMIA exempt job offer.
I graduated from my master's program in Canada and have started the full-time skill job (non-LMIA) since January 2014 in Canada.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
roync1031 said:
I use the CRS score calculator tool on the CIC website to re-calculate my score. I specifically choose "no" for the last question on whether I have a valid job offer. My score is still at 466.
Yes. A job offer becomes 'valid' only if its supported by LMIA. But if you can show a job offer letter from your employer stating that they will 'offer' you that job after you become PR, that should be fine in your case. I mean, if you want to put 'yes' for that question.

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
My current employer will not issue any job offer to me, as I have been working for them since January 2014 and this is my only Canadian skill work experience. My concern is whether CIC thinks that I provided false information even though I did not inflate my CRS score (as 466 always). It is an honest mistake, but I guess I should only qualify for CEC......

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
roync1031 said:
My current employer will not issue any job offer to me, as I have been working for them since January 2014 and this is my only Canadian skill work experience. My concern is whether CIC thinks that I provided false information even though I did not inflate my CRS score (as 466 always). It is an honest mistake, but I guess I should only qualify for CEC......
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

I just found this scary part. Just read the 2nd sentence in first paragraph. So better check with someone who has similar experience. Or in the worst case, decline ITA, come back to pool. You will get invitation in next few draws for sure. Moreover, you have 1 more year remaining in your PGWP. Best of luck !

Still I have double opinion on this. If you read through the section 'changes to your personal situation', it says that even if there is a change in your profile, you just have to maintain the crs points to be at least equal to cut off of the draw in which you got ITA.

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
However, I still qualify for the minimum 67 points for FSW based on the score grid from CIC as follows:

- English/French: I got CLB 10 in all four areas for IELTS, so that is 24 pts;
- Education: Master's degree in Canadian tax from University of Waterloo = 23 pts;
- work experience: one year in NOC 1111 = 9 pts;
- arrangement of job offer: 0 pts as none of the scenario apply;
- adaptability: 10 pts as I work in Canada with a valid work permit (PGWP) for a minimum of 1 year

Total = 24+23+9+12+0+10 = 78

In addition, I got ITA based on a CRS score of 466. I should qualify for FSW, right???

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
I just found out I probably made the same mistake. My current job is LMIA exempt (postdoctoral fellow), but in this page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

they said nothing about LMIA exempt jobs. It is scary. My employer will give me a letter but the point is according to this link LMIA should be there.

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
roync1031 said:
Hi everyone,

If I proceed with my application, when I need to submit my documents, does the e-application ask for a LMIA-support job offer letter under FSW? Or, should I change my answer to the question Do I have a job offer in Canada? to "no" in the information review stage?
I just reviewed the questions in my profile. Don't panic. To me it seems you did not do anything wrong. If you look at the set of questions that you answered, they asked 1. If you have a job offer 2. if it is full time, permanent 3. if you have an LMIA and 4. if you have valid work permit.
Given you answered all these questions correctly you should not be worried.

roync1031

Jun 3, 2015
SAJ_ee2015 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

Still I have double opinion on this. If you read through the section 'changes to your personal situation', it says that even if there is a change in your profile, you just have to maintain the crs points to be at least equal to cut off of the draw in which you got ITA.
I have read the same paragraph. My score has always be the same, as my initial profile is locked at CRS 466, so at least CIC can't accuse me of getting ITA by inflating my score with additional 600 pts?!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roync1031 said:
I have read the same paragraph. My score has always be the same, as my initial profile is locked at CRS 466, so at least CIC can't accuse me of getting ITA by inflating my score with additional 600 pts?!
It's fine. I know what the instructions say, but the question is still, "Do you have a job offer?" NOT - do you have a valid job offer. And the follow-up questions ask about LMIA and closed job permits, so the questions still entertain the idea that you have a job on an open work permit.

I did the same - yes to job offer, no to LMIA. No 600 points, of course, so it seems fine. When I got my ITA I included my current salary - T4, NoA - with "proof of financial support" section, and my original job offer and job reference letters that indicate that the job is non-seasonal and indeterminate.

I believe (even though people will constantly point to those instructions) that this strengthened my case, as I can surely demonstrate that I can support myself and my partner (a student) in Canada. BTW, I also had 466 points. Good luck!