Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
That if most everyone of diverse cultures, backgrounds, race and religion could get along as well in face-to-face, day-to day as we can get along and help one another here there would be little need for the Immigration process.

We respond to a post, not knowing the race, creed, color, ethnicity or anything else about the user that is asking, inquiring, imploring, other than that they are a human being in the same or similar situation than each of us is in and we do our best in that response or we don't respond.

It is my hope that as each person here received their immigration status that another wall, however small, is brought down between all of us.

The next time you encounter another unknown human being, you may be encountering the person who helped you be where you are; be gracious, compassionate and respectful always. Please. Please? That is my Canada and I want it back.

Be kind before the process and you will succeed. Be kind during the process and you will succeed. Be kind after the process or you will have failed.

I know this sounds lame, but this is how I was raised.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
tgchi13 said:
That if most everyone of diverse cultures, backgrounds, race and religion could get along as well in face-to-face, day-to day as we can get along and help one another here there would be little need for the Immigration process.

We respond to a post, not knowing the race, creed, color, ethnicity or anything else about the user that is asking, inquiring, imploring, other than that they are a human being in the same or similar situation than each of us is in and we do our best in that response or we don't respond.

It is my hope that as each person here received their immigration status that another wall, however small, is brought down between all of us.

The next time you encounter another unknown human being, you may be encountering the person who helped you be where you are; be gracious, compassionate and respectful always. Please. Please? That is my Canada and I want it back.

Be kind before the process and you will succeed. Be kind during the process and you will succeed. Be kind after the process or you will have failed.

I know this sounds lame, but this is how I was raised.
Hi,

Personally, I don't think your view is lame. You might be surprised at how many people share your views. Do unto others what you would want others do to you. You help, somebody helps you. It might not be the same person you did favor to. Thanks for your post:)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Very nice post & quite humbling.
I hope I / we do the right thing now, tomorrow, later and everytime...

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Oh I do believe that most every one believes it in principle. I just think it needs to be in the tope three thoughts that go through our minds with each and every deed. Mine included.

When I'm asked What is Canada? My response is Canada is compassion, diversity and acceptance. Each of us has to still believe that for it to be true. I need to believe we can do this. We are all in this together!

Maple Syrup

Nov 26, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 1, 2008
AOR Received.
November 14, 2008
File Transfer...
September 15, 2008
Med's Request
March 3, 2010
Med's Done....
July 14, 2008 & April 19, 2010
Interview........
September 28, 2009 & June 11, 2010
Passport Req..
June 7, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 8, 2010
LANDED..........
July 9, 2010
Very well said!

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
This is a beautiful post, and something I've considered as well. I never thought I would leave the US and though Canada isn't far, I never thought about going through the process myself (or watching my now husband be refused entry back to our home...) All of this has definitely made me think, and I have been and will continue to be kind before judging. You never know what someone else is going through.

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really like when you said, we are in this together..... not only as North Americans (Canadian, USC) but as human beings. We all in this together and should treat other with respect and dignity, care of one another and keep coming out of stereo types and joining efforts for all humanity. Keep up the good work!

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Hi,

I was having a bad moment when I wrote that, thinking how absurd this is, and how absurd this has become and continues to get. I'm disappointed in Immigration and I was feeling pretty poorly.

These sentiments were from the heart. It's how I was raised and, in no small part, what attracted me to my partner. He coined the phrase years ago Social Inclusion via Sports. To know that you only have to be the best you that you can be an you will be accepted, no, you will be welcomed by society is a pretty powerful incentive to work toward being a responsible productive adult with a positive view on life and humanity.

I was raised to understand that all are equal. You can hold prejudice against an individual for their negative actions, but not against persons merely due to race, creed, color, religion, s*xual orientation or ethnicity. I truly believe that and I hope that others who sponsor or immigrate feel the same.

No one is better than me but no one is not equal to my worth.

Just remember to be kind to each other, please. I don't know that anything is more profound or more important.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
A wonderful piece.United we stand and divided we fall.