+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

issuance of study permit

annaturner

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Hi,

So, I found out if international students have received a Letter of Introduction Approval, they can request issuance of Study Permit through a webform mailed to them.

Here is my situation: I have applied outside of Canada for extension of my SP, and it was approved. I was a student before too, I just had to get a new one because my previous SP expired and I needed an extra year to complete my Bachelor degree.

It says I need to enter Canada by 08/31/2021 to get the Study Permit issued, but I do not think I can do that, and additionally I would like to start looking for jobs since I will be applying for PGWP.

My SIN has expired, and I need to renew it, but I HAVE to provide a Study permit.

My plan: I was thinking to apply to this webform to get a Study Permit issued since I already have it approved, and mail it to my aunt's house, then she would mail it to me.

My question is: am I doing something crazy or that is okay?

I am just very scared for my future and I studied in Canada since 2015, so I cannot just risk not getting a job on time or losing any opportunity. Please, advise me on what to do.

the source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/permit-approval-outside-canada.html#study-permit