+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?"

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
Hey guys, I am an Outland FSW application. My visa office is NDVO (New Delhi Visa Office). In response to a webform, I got the following text by email from IRCC :

" Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

To obtain information on the status of an online application processed at a visa office abroad, please fill out the visa office specific IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

To do so, ensure you click on Yes when asked Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?"

Some questions here:

1. There is no "visa office specific" IRCC webform that asks the question: " Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?". I've checked the website a hundred different ways, and they have circular link paths that all trace back to this one page containing a web form : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx (exercise in extreme frustration btw)

Does anyone know of a visa office specific web form?

2. Is this text different from what was sent before? I'm getting this for the first time. Is anyone else getting this when they submit a webform asking the status of an existing application? (FSW Outland)

Thanks in advance !

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
The landing page of the web form ask you first to confirm the nature of your application, then it asks you whether "your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?". If you say "Yes", the "Choose the visa office processing your application" list appear

Click on the one the name of the city where your VO and you will be taken to the Webform (which has the exact same fields as the "generic" web form)

Last edited:
Reactions: slashmaybe

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
The landing page of the web form ask you first to confirm the nature of your application, then it asks you whether "your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?". If you say "Yes", the "Choose the visa office processing your application" list appear

Click on the one the name of the city where your VO and you will be taken to the Webform (which has the exact same fields as the "generic" web form)
Thanks for the reply @sgoldsmith! However, I do not see this landing page at all - if possible, could you kindly send me a link? Maybe it is a browser issue (I've been using Chrome).