+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this misrepresentation? What is the best way to handle "Country of residence"

Happycare

Sep 9, 2023
I was told that i need to be legal in my country of residence so i put my country of citizenship as my country of residence even though i have not lived there in years
was not sure any other way to fill out the application but now that i have an ITA and a PNP nomination i am not sure if I should go through with my application or not.
My intention was not to misrepresent and i am willing to travel to my country if necessary for any and all parts of the process I am just trying to comply with the instructions in the form to my best of understanding. I currently live in the USA but lack legal status here.

The application itself is saying I need to be a legal resident of the country i am applying from and that i need to provide proof of a valid us visa

this is an image of the error i am experiencing

I feel like ircc is putting me in a trap with these 3 options

Put on the app i live in Mexico and my country of residence is mexico (untrue) commit potential misrepresentation
put i live in the USA and my country of residence is Mexico (what i did for pnp round) not sure if this is misrep since its a contradicting statement in the app itself
Put i i live in the USA and my country of resident is the USA (Be declined for being ineligible due to the fact that it is saying in that pic i cant do that)

really hoping someone in the whole history of express entry was ever undocumented or illegal before in the usa and can help me I tried paying for some consultants but i am not sure weather pulling the trigger is worth it or i should just abandon the app. one consultant mentioned that since https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-3.html#docCont was updated this statue no longer applys to the application but the ircc portal still mentions needing to be legal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was told that i need to be legal in my country of residence so i put my country of citizenship as my country of residence even though i have not lived there in years
was not sure any other way to fill out the application but now that i have an ITA and a PNP nomination i am not sure if I should go through with my application or not.
My intention was not to misrepresent and i am willing to travel to my country if necessary for any and all parts of the process I am just trying to comply with the instructions in the form to my best of understanding. I currently live in the USA but lack legal status here.

The application itself is saying I need to be a legal resident of the country i am applying from and that i need to provide proof of a valid us visa

this is an image of the error i am experiencing

I feel like ircc is putting me in a trap with these 3 options

Put on the app i live in Mexico and my country of residence is mexico (untrue) commit potential misrepresentation
put i live in the USA and my country of residence is Mexico (what i did for pnp round) not sure if this is misrep since its a contradicting statement in the app itself
Put i i live in the USA and my country of resident is the USA (Be declined for being ineligible due to the fact that it is saying in that pic i cant do that)

really hoping someone in the whole history of express entry was ever undocumented or illegal before in the usa and can help me I tried paying for some consultants but i am not sure weather pulling the trigger is worth it or i should just abandon the app. one consultant mentioned that since https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-3.html#docCont was updated this statue no longer applys to the application but the ircc portal still mentions needing to be legal
Your country of residence is definitely not Mexico. The US and Canada share immigration information so IRCC will find this out easily.

If no one here answers, consider hiring a Canadian immigration lawyer to help you. Don't get a consult with a consultant. You would need an actual lawyer.