App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Am sorry if my question sounds about stupid, but it looks to me that most people in here are Web developers. If so why do all Web developers want to go to Canada? :) :) :)

Am a project manager from the UK by the way.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
It is easy for developer to immigrate to Canada from any country. Most of dev skills are valuable in Canada because they used mostly American software.
And development is an occupation where you don't need to talk a lot. Project manager, on the other hand, must talk a lot. Most immigrant have bad English at the time of landing, that is why development looks preferable even for extra-skilled people like Architects.

I, for example, was a Lead Developer and a Software Architect before immigration. Now I am just a Senior Developer in Canada and I am absolutely do not feel any limitation for career grow in my technical skills. The only limitation is my language:)

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Everyone is different.

Software development is a relatively "easy" field to get into (in terms of startup costs). If you have access to a computer, you can write code. It's something that can be done at home - it makes it easier for people to get started on their own. It also doesn't require apprenticeship, doesn't require licensing, and is highly valuable at the moment (as there is a huge push to put everything online). I started writing code when I was 5 years old - I liked being able to build things.

I chose Canada because I'm a native English speaker. I don't really want to be in a position where I can't communicate effectively (even if it's temporary). I have issues with the way the United States handles healthcare, support systems, and politics. Given this, the main options were the UK, Australia, and Canada. I happen to prefer Canada given it's proximity, level of corruption, and less craziness (in some ways) than the UK.

Londo

Sep 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
23/11/2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Thanks for your response guys, I was just wondering

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
kateg said:
Everyone is different.

Software development is a relatively "easy" field to get into (in terms of startup costs). If you have access to a computer, you can write code. It's something that can be done at home - it makes it easier for people to get started on their own. It also doesn't require apprenticeship, doesn't require licensing, and is highly valuable at the moment (as there is a huge push to put everything online). I started writing code when I was 5 years old - I liked being able to build things.

I chose Canada because I'm a native English speaker. I don't really want to be in a position where I can't communicate effectively (even if it's temporary). I have issues with the way the United States handles healthcare, support systems, and politics. Given this, the main options were the UK, Australia, and Canada. I happen to prefer Canada given it's proximity, level of corruption, and less craziness (in some ways) than the UK.
First I've heard of the UK being crazy :)

As a software developer from the UK, I'm in Canada for the lifestyle, the outdoors and I enjoy the quality of life I have here, hence why I want to stay. Also, I find it quite similar to back home in many respects although healthcare is a bit more confusing and less straightforward, along with having to file your own tax returns.