+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this experience letter detailed enough to cover NOC 1111?

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
So I got this letter a while back from my employer back in my home country, before I came to Canada to do my Masters. I guess my questions are:

1- Would the fact that this letter was dated 2 years before my PR application matter? Should I get my previous employer to issue me a "fresh" one to be on the safe side?
2- I feel like the job description is a bit lacking in details. Is it enough to cover NOC 1111 (Financial auditor)?
3- Does this letter meet all the requirements for a work experience letter? (I didn't inlcude the company's footer with contact details or letter head in the picture for privacy purposes, but I can assure you it's there)

The duties of a financial auditor as per the NOC website are:

Financial auditors

• Examine and analyze journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures, tax returns and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems of individuals, departments within organizations, businesses or other establishments to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
  • Prepare detailed reports on audit findings and make recommendations to improve individual or establishment's accounting and management practices
  • Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, Canadian Business Corporations Act or other statutory requirements
  • May supervise other auditors or professionals in charge of accounting within client's establishment.

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Looks too generic to me.
Did you coach less experienced staff?
Did you do any liaison work ?
What applicable financial reporting framework? Usgaap? Ifrs?
Did you understand the internal control environment of the clients?If so, did you identify weaknesses and write a report for them? Just a few of the things I thought you can consider

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Looks too generic to me.
Did you understand the internal control environment of the clients?If so, did you identify weaknesses and write a report for them? Just a few of the things I thought you can consider
The HR manager really screwed the pooch on this letter I feel. I was an A2 when I left, so I did a bit of coaching for A1s. When I ordered a couple of years ago I was just happy they gave me what I needed, since our HR is notoriously bad.
You reckon I should roll the dice with this and see what happens? Worst case scenario the immigration officer will send me an ADR requesting additional info/another statement, no?

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Looks too generic to me.
So I just requested this statement from HR, what are your thoughts on it? Is it safe to apply for NOC1111 "Financial Auditor" with it? I'd hate to screw my chances of a PR up that's all. I only have a year on my PGWP and it would suck to have to go back home for such a silly mistake.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

I am writing this reference at the request of Mr. XXXX who is applying for permanent residence in Canada.

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX was a permanent full-time employee with XXXX from XXX to XXX. During which he held the position of an Audit Associate in the Assurance department. He worked a total of 45 hours a week.

Mr. XXXX’s monthly basic salary was US$ XXX.

Besides his basic salary, Mr. XXXX also benefited from US$ XXXX monthly transportation allowances.

As an Audit Associate, his main responsibilities included but were not limited to:

• Examining and analysing journal entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures and other accounting financial records under the direct supervision of senior team members, in order to insure recording accuracy and compliance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards);
  • Assisting in the preparation of audit reports and other deliverables;
  • Assisting in training interns and new associates on performing particular audit procedures with the direct supervision of more senior team members; and
  • Contributing to the development of his own and team’s technical acumen.
This certificate has been issued at the request of Mr. XXX.

joy857

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
So I just requested this statement from HR, what are your thoughts on it? Is it safe to apply for NOC1111 "Financial Auditor" with it? I'd hate to screw my chances of a PR up that's all. I only have a year on my PGWP and it would suck to have to go back home for such a silly mistake.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

I am writing this reference at the request of Mr. XXXX who is applying for permanent residence in Canada.

This letter is to confirm that Mr. XXX was a permanent full-time employee with XXXX from XXX to XXX. During which he held the position of an Audit Associate in the Assurance department. He worked a total of 45 hours a week.

Mr. XXXX’s monthly basic salary was US$ XXX.

Besides his basic salary, Mr. XXXX also benefited from US$ XXXX monthly transportation allowances.

As an Audit Associate, his main responsibilities included but were not limited to:

• Examining and analysing journal entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures and other accounting financial records under the direct supervision of senior team members, in order to insure recording accuracy and compliance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards);
  • Assisting in the preparation of audit reports and other deliverables;
  • Assisting in training interns and new associates on performing particular audit procedures with the direct supervision of more senior team members; and
  • Contributing to the development of his own and team’s technical acumen.
This certificate has been issued at the request of Mr. XXX.

Do not cut and paste IRCC's format to your list. Revise and think about what you have personally done during that time there and rewrite your work list, send it to your HR and tell them to add what you have done. It will look more genuine. Additionally, ask HR to provide a contact number /email in case they need to be reached.

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Do not cut and paste IRCC's format to your list. Revise and think about what you have personally done during that time there and rewrite your work list, send it to your HR and tell them to add what you have done. It will look more genuine. Additionally, ask HR to provide a contact number /email in case they need to be reached.
This is a big 4 company. One of the most prestigious public accounting firms in the world. So I'm not too worried about them questioning it's authenticity. The letter obviously will have official company letterhead, partner name, signature and footer with the company address, registration #, website, contact info...etc.

As for copying/pasting, I only did that for the first one and highly adjusted it to fit the reporting framework that I operated under.

These genuinely were the duties and tasks I performed

Reactions: joy857