+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this employment verification letter ok?

tokalaangel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Does the letter below match NOC 4011- University Professors and Lecturers or NOC 4021 - College and Other Vocational Instructors better? I am an Assistant Professor at a community college. All items under the "duties and responsibilities" section came directly from the Faculty Handbook/Curriculum & Instruction manual. These are duties expected of full time faculty, but we do not have to perform ALL of them. For example, under the "Service" section, some may participate in committees, do program reviews, revise curriculum, etc. while another faculty might be doing peer mentorship, recruiting, community services, etc.
Is including all of these duties okay or should only the ones I've performed so far be on there?
I appreciate any and all feedback, thanks everyone!

EDIT: I revised and combined the duties section to more accurately reflect what I personally perform, and also to make it easier to match with NOC 4011. Is this better than before?

----------------------------------------
To Whom it May Concern:
This letter is to certify that NAME HERE is currently employed at SCHOOL NAME.
Details of her employment are given below:
  • Designation: Full Time Assistant Professor, --------------------
  • Date of Joining: ------------------
  • Employee ID: -------------------
  • Type of Employment: Full Time
  • Hours of Work/Week: 40
  • Department: -------------------
  • Reporting Manager: ---------------------
  • Annual Salary: -------------------
Duties and responsibilities handled by NAME HERE are as follows:
  • Teach course-load as assigned with conduction of lectures, demonstrations, discussions, and lab work
  • Evaluate courses, assess student learning through administration of assignments and examinations
  • Develop curriculum to meet course, program, and institutional learning outcomes
  • Maintain at least five office hours per week to meet with students for academic advising, individual tutoring, and to encourage teacher/student communication
  • Modify, develop, and maintain curriculum with evaluation of learning outcomes and assessment projects for courses, disciplines, and programs
  • Advise student organizations, supervise independent studies
  • Participate in recruiting/retention activities
  • Attend and participate in program, discipline, in-service, and campus meetings
  • Serve on campus and college-wide committees, represent discipline on state, national, and international levels
  • Continuing certification in discipline
  • Conduct research and sharing expertise within discipline (e.g., grant writing, publishing, exhibitions, performances, presentations, conferences)

Sincerely,
SUPERVISOR NAME

Last edited: