+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this AoR?

aredmiata

Nov 6, 2017
Austin, Texas, USA
today I received an email saying my application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received. It has been two months since their physical receipt of the application. I am still unable to see status in ecas. Is this the AoR for the entire application, or is there still a chance that the application can be returned?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
today I received an email saying my application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received. It has been two months since their physical receipt of the application. I am still unable to see status in ecas. Is this the AoR for the entire application, or is there still a chance that the application can be returned?
That's AOR, highly highly unlikely to be returned.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Okay, thanks. I am still unable to link the account via GCKey or even have a status in ECAS. Is that typical? This was the email, basically.
This happens sometimes. Give it a day or two. Are you unable to link or unable to find the app?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
GCKey says it cannot find an application to link. Ecas gives the typical message that there's nothing found with that information.
You should wait then. Gckey not finding your app is regular, lots of people have trouble with that. But ecas saying it can't find it - looks to me that they just haven't "uploaded" it yet. Give it a couple days.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Okay, thanks. I am still unable to link the account via GCKey or even have a status in ECAS. Is that typical? This was the email, basically.
It does take a day or two but sometimes its on our end that we are not doing things right when linking to GCKey. Firstly I am assuming you don’t have a representative as you wont be able to link to GCkey. Secondly, if you as a sponsor want to link the application to your own GCkey account, you will need to be the PA’s unpaid representative (must have filled a form ‘use of rep’).

Its a little tricky trying to link to GcKey. First you have to use the principal applicant’s info. And try various ones (UCI, Application number etc). And where they ask how many members are included in the application it will be +2 including both the principal applicant and sponsor and if u have a dependant then each will be + 1. Also try to keep all first words for details as Capitals. (City name, PA’s surname etc).

For ECAS, use Sponsor’s info (you see both sponsor and PA’s side and try UCI, application number as well as receipt number). If not try PA’s info (see only PA’s side) but if you can see ECAS with PA info that means you are typing something wrong with the Sponsor’s info.