+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a valid path (OINP -> Express Entry) ?

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a work permit until April 2025 in Canada (I have a job offer based on LMIA) with less than 1 year of Canadian experience. I have my family dependents as visitors along with me. I am looking for the options to apply for PR (comparing waiting time and fees)

1- One option I am thinking of is to apply for OINP nomination, then use it in my Express Entry profile to apply for PR .. is this a valid path ? and how long on average it would take ? and fees ?
2- Another option is to wait to complete 1 year of Canadian experience, this should pump up CRS score to pass cutoff (not sure if the job offer will still be considered valid by then ?)

What do you think ? please let me know if there are better options.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I am currently working on a work permit until April 2025 in Canada (I have a job offer based on LMIA) with less than 1 year of Canadian experience. I have my family dependents as visitors along with me. I am looking for the options to apply for PR (comparing waiting time and fees)

1- One option I am thinking of is to apply for OINP nomination, then use it in my Express Entry profile to apply for PR .. is this a valid path ? and how long on average it would take ? and fees ?
2- Another option is to wait to complete 1 year of Canadian experience, this should pump up CRS score to pass cutoff (not sure if the job offer will still be considered valid by then ?)

What do you think ? please let me know if there are better options.
1. No. OINP is not an Express Entry program. If you get an OINP nomination, then you apply online through that program.
2. Yes, you can do this.

Reactions: MdRam

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
1. No. OINP is not an Express Entry program. If you get an OINP nomination, then you apply online through that program.
2. Yes, you can do this.
1- How long does it take for OINP nomination if accepted ? and the average waiting time for PR application after getting the nomination ? what fees are required ?
2- Is there any advantage of this option than the OINP program ? and can I still use the job offer to get additional points by then ?

If there are other options/programs which are better, feel free to let me know.

Thank you so much!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There are nine OINP streams, some through EE and some not.

1. Which one are you eligible for? Research the streams.
2. Is your employer eligible and willing to support your nomination, and/or PR through EE (if that is your route).
3. OINP fees are on the website.
4. What is your current CRS score? What will it be after one year of Canadian experience?

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
There are nine OINP streams, some through EE and some not.

1. Which one are you eligible for? Research the streams.
2. Is your employer eligible and willing to support your nomination, and/or PR through EE (if that is your route).
3. OINP fees are on the website.
4. What is your current CRS score? What will it be after one year of Canadian experience?
1. I am eligible for these streams, assuming I will get ECA & language requirements
Human Capital Priorities stream:​
a- Federal Skilled Workers Program​
b- Canadian Experience Class (after completing 1 year)​
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream​

2. What support would I need from my employer in both cases, so I can verify that ? and how to know if employer is eligible or not ?
3. I thought that OINP nomination fees are separate from the PR application hence I asked, not sure if both are included in one fee.
4. Assuming CLB9 for me & CLB6 for wife (no ECA for wife, but can be done):
- 437 (current)​
- 485 (after 1 year of canadian experience)​

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. I am eligible for these streams, assuming I will get ECA & language requirements
Human Capital Priorities stream:
a- Federal Skilled Workers Program​
b- Canadian Experience Class (after completing 1 year)​
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream

2. Yes, but what support would I need from my employer in both cases, so I can verify that ?
3. I thought that OINP nomination fees are separate from the PR application hence I asked, not sure if both are included in one fee.
4. Assuming CLB9 for me & CLB6 for wife (no ECA for wife, but can be done):
- 437 (current)​
- 485 (after 1 year of canadian experience)​
1. HCP - This is based on NOC and CRS score, and is through EE. Is your NOC selected for this stream? If you don’t know look at criteria and past draws. Focus has been on tech, healthcare, and trades.
Employer Job offer: What is your score? is your employer eligible and willing to nominate?

2. For job offer stream, read the employer guide on the OINP site. For EE, you need a LMIA and employer needs to provide job offer one year past PR. Again, read Express Entry - job offer requirements with LMIA.

3. Yes, there are separate fees for OINP.

4. Too low right now. Possible with 485. Are you in a category based stream with a selected NOC? This will give you a better chance.

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
1. HCP - This is based on NOC and CRS score, and is through EE. Is your NOC selected for this stream? If you don’t know look at criteria and past draws. Focus has been on tech, healthcare, and trades.
Employer Job offer: What is your score? is your employer eligible and willing to nominate?

2. For job offer stream, read the employer guide on the OINP site. For EE, you need a LMIA and employer needs to provide job offer one year past PR. Again, read Express Entry - job offer requirements with LMIA.

3. Yes, there are separate fees for OINP.

4. Too low right now. Possible with 485. Are you in a category based stream with a selected NOC? This will give you a better chance.
1- Yes, it seems my NOC was selected in this stream for tech (NOC 2174 or now NOC 21232).
My score for Employer Job offer is now 54, other same employer mates already got this nomination, so I would assume yes employer is eligible and willing to nominate.

2. I believe employer would be eligible for job offer stream. For EE, I already have a work permit for the employer with LMIA and a permanent job offer.

4. Yes, my NOC seems within the category based stream (tech)

Given this info, which path do you think would be better for me.