+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any requirements on the employer for CEC application?

liherb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Hi I am a recent graduate and just received a job offer so I will start counting my 1 year experience very soon. However, before I start working I really want to make sure that this experience is worthwhile. The last thing I want is that in the end my CEC application was rejected not because me, not because NOC, but because something that I really cannot know as an employer, such as its revenue, its tax history, etc. Will those factors matter? Should I ask my supervisor now or I just need to work hard and don't worry about it? Thanks.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Haven't heard of anyone being rejected because of a "bad" employer. Do you have some reason to suspect that it is not a "legit" business? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

liherb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
jes_ON said:
Haven't heard of anyone being rejected because of a "bad" employer. Do you have some reason to suspect that it is not a "legit" business? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.
No, but I want to be on the safe side. I think I will cry if I was told that CIC actually is picky about employers at the end of my work permit. The pay is good, but other than that I really know nothing about my employer's background. That's why I wondered if I should do some due-diligence. ::)

I was thinking about PNP, but not sure if my employer will be co-operative. I will have to try my luck after a period of hard-working first, I think. PNP specifically require that the employer has to meet certain criteria though.

emma1983

Feb 1, 2011
If your job is out of NOC 0, A ,B, undoubtedly you can not get though your PR.
So, it is better to think mor before you take your job offer from your employe

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liherb said:
No, but I want to be on the safe side. I think I will cry if I was told that CIC actually is picky about employers at the end of my work permit. The pay is good, but other than that I really know nothing about my employer's background. That's why I wondered if I should do some due-diligence. ::)

I was thinking about PNP, but not sure if my employer will be co-operative. I will have to try my luck after a period of hard-working first, I think. PNP specifically require that the employer has to meet certain criteria though.
You just have to be able to prove 2 years of work experience averaging 37.5 hours per week with a Canadian employer while on a valid work permit within the last 3 years from the date of the application. You also have to meet the language requirements for NOC 0, A or B, whatever your job is classed as per CEC rules. Make sure you file your taxes and, if you change jobs, that you keep your Record of Employment from a previous employer.

This program's rules are pretty easy to understand and clearly outlined here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
please provide any information about your experience as CEC applicant..
my case :
1)employer legally registered for 10 years
2)only 2 employees in payroll under my employer

is this works for in CEC section as 1 year experience from a small company paying all taxes?

olaola026

Nov 17, 2016
Hi! Could you please help! My husband has PGWP which expires in March. He started his work in January 2016. We would like to apply to CEC in January 2017. His NOC is 7321. And trade certificate for this NOC is compulsory in Alberta. But he doesn't have it. Is it OK for CEC? Or he will not receive points for Canadian experience in that case? Thank you so much!