+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there any downside to declining my ITA?

Nishat123

Feb 19, 2020
Hi, I have a question.

My CRS score is 494. I received my ITA recently. However, while filling the APR I realized that I have done 4 mistakes in my Express Entry Application:

1. forgot to include my middle name.
2. gave a wrong NOC code
3. gave a wrong amount of proof of funds ( ideally it should be zero for me since I am applying under CEC)
4. wrong details of representative( need to remove that data altogether).

Few people have told me that I should go ahead and explain everything in LOE but I am skeptical since there are more than 1 mistakes that I have done and I don't want to come off as a careless person.
Here on my questions are:
1. if I decline my ITA right now would I be eligible for the next CRS draw and would get the ITA then?
2. will I need to explain to the officers that why did I decline on the first hand?
3. will they keep a track record that I have declined once which won't be a good impression going forward?
4. Will I be able to make changes to all the fields I mentioned above in the express entry once I decline it?
5. While updating the express entry do I need to select ' Yes' when it is asked if I have applied for express entry before?

I know this post is long but I would really appreciate it if there are some leads on this?

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, I have a question.

My CRS score is 494. I received my ITA recently. However, while filling the APR I realized that I have done 4 mistakes in my Express Entry Application:

1. forgot to include my middle name.
2. gave a wrong NOC code
3. gave a wrong amount of proof of funds ( ideally it should be zero for me since I am applying under CEC)
4. wrong details of representative( need to remove that data altogether).

None of these are major errors and can all simply be corrected on the eAPR, none of which even require explanation, IMO. Most people make simple corrections between the profile (which is NOT an application), and the actual application. I would not suggest declining the ITA over this.

Few people have told me that I should go ahead and explain everything in LOE but I am skeptical since there are more than 1 mistakes that I have done and I don't want to come off as a careless person.
Here on my questions are:
1. if I decline my ITA right now would I be eligible for the next CRS draw and would get the ITA then?
Eligible, yes. ITA - maybe (probably), it all depends on the CRS score.

2. will I need to explain to the officers that why did I decline on the first hand?
No.

3. will they keep a track record that I have declined once which won't be a good impression going forward?
No.

4. Will I be able to make changes to all the fields I mentioned above in the express entry once I decline it?
Yes.

5. While updating the express entry do I need to select ' Yes' when it is asked if I have applied for express entry before?
Only if you have actually submitted an eAPR before. If you have not, then "no" is the appropriate answer. A profile is NOT an application.

Nishat123

Feb 19, 2020
In case I am not declining, how can I fix the representative question. I had read the question wrong and entered my friends details for representative. Should I write an LOE for that and explain the same to them ? Will there be any legal issues ?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
In case I am not declining, how can I fix the representative question. I had read the question wrong and entered my friends details for representative. Should I write an LOE for that and explain the same to them ? Will there be any legal issues ?
The appointment of a representative is perhaps the least important on your list (which are not critical in the first place!)
You do not need to write explain why are choosing to proceed without a representative. There is not even the remotest chance of there being any legal issues.
An applicant hires a representative (or consultant) to apply on their behalf and sometimes fire them while your application is being processed. And that is allowed too, as long as you just inform IRCC. As long as the revised amount of proof of funds is above the required threshold, none of the items listed by you affect your eligibility or negatively impact your CRS score. So please do not worry and go right ahead. Good luck!

Nishat123

Feb 19, 2020
The appointment of a representative is perhaps the least important on your list (which are not critical in the first place!)
You do not need to write explain why are choosing to proceed without a representative. There is not even the remotest chance of there being any legal issues.
An applicant hires a representative (or consultant) to apply on their behalf and sometimes fire them while your application is being processed. And that is allowed too, as long as you just inform IRCC. As long as the revised amount of proof of funds is above the required threshold, none of the items listed by you affect your eligibility or negatively impact your CRS score. So please do not worry and go right ahead. Good luck!
Hey thanks a lot. I didn’t decline my application finally.
I wasn’t sure when the next draw would be so I didn’t want to Risk it.
I was working on writing LOE and I had a few questions and I would really appreciate if you can respond to them at your own convenience.

1. Should I attach the LOE with the documents I am providing on the very first page ? Or is it advisable to provide the LOE in the Client information section ?

2. Should I provide an LOE for not including my middle name in EE profile ? Would that be necessary?

3.Any lead on how to write an LOE for not including a representative in APR when I have already mentioned one in EE profile if I need to ?

4. As for the proof of funds since I am applying under Canadian experience class I won’t need to provide any proof of funds, however just to be sure I have taken a bank statement from RBC bank but they didn’t mention the account numbers so would that be necessary.

i know that’s quite a list of questions I have put across and I am sorry about it.