+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there an immigration consultant I can contact - or an organization?

burntoinge

Jul 6, 2010
Hi, the whole process of trying to move to Montreal, QC, is so confusing and frustrating. I can't sleep at night because I lay awake worrying about what I should be applying for, if I don't get approved, if I should have applied for something else instead, etc. I am wondering if anyone knows of someone that I can speak to and ask all these questions. Does anyone know about how much it would cost per hour to speak to someone from the CSIC? Any help would be appreciated. I feel like I am going insane from reading all of these rules and regulations. :(

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Burntoinge

Canadian Immigration Lawyer David Cohen is a good one that you may contact by visiting this same website. Also, check the https://www.csic-scci.ca/ which is the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants WEBSITE.

However, I have found that by visiting this forum, you will LEARN ENOUGH TO HOW TO DO IT YOURSELF. It depends if you: Don´t have the time, and have enough financial means to afford it.

SFD

burntoinge

Jul 6, 2010
Thank you SFD.

Do you know about how much I can expect to pay for fees? just a guesstimate? I want to know if I should even consider the option of having a lawyer represent me and handle the process.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Burntoinge

As far as I know, usually no one pay by hour. It´s pay by case. It all depends which category you fall into. Also, if you have a criminal record will mean more work to the Lawyer. As I said, it depends. If your record is clean under the FSW1 you can charged for services anywhere from US$1,500 up to US$4,000.

I am not an expert on this, Please do not take me as a reference as there are so many people in this forum thay can provide more precisively information.

SFD

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
burntoinge said:
Thank you SFD.

Do you know about how much I can expect to pay for fees? just a guesstimate? I want to know if I should even consider the option of having a lawyer represent me and handle the process.
About $2500 for an Immigration Consultant, and $3500 for an immigration lawyer.

I've made the case in detail before, so I won't be detailed here; see if you can make progress payments. That way if the consultant/lawyer doesn't do the job you wanted, you can cut the ties and go with someone else.

Caution: they all will want ALL the money up front, so you must negotiate hard.