+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is my work offer exempted from an LMIA?

Suchi123

Sep 15, 2022
Hello, I made a EE profile with my CRS score of 488. I have a work permit but being on a PGWP and without an LMIA, I did not claim for that. But now I feel that my work might have LMIA exemption as it is a registered charity organization. My work is as a communications officer and I do not know if I can claim that I have a valid work permit or not. My contract says I am a permanent employee.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I made a EE profile with my CRS score of 488. I have a work permit but being on a PGWP and without an LMIA, I did not claim for that. But now I feel that my work might have LMIA exemption as it is a registered charity organization. My work is as a communications officer and I do not know if I can claim that I have a valid work permit or not. My contract says I am a permanent employee.
You are on PGWP so don’t claim job offer. Being a registered charity doesn’t make it LMIA exempted.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No, you can't claim points for having a job offer.

It is possible your job may be LMIA exempt. However in order to claim points for having a job offer in that case, you would need to switch to a closed work permit that has your employer named on that work permit and then work for that employer for a year in Canada on the closed work permit.

Reactions: Suchi123