+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IS MEDICAL TEST MANDATORY FOR A STUDENT VISA?

saeed khan

Star Member
Nov 14, 2009
Hello people!!!!!!

I am writing from Pakistan. i have got admitted to a renowned university in Toronto. I have applied for my student visa. It has been two weeks since i applied but didnt recieve any call from the embassy for my medical. i was wondering is there a possibility that i wont have to give a medical examination?

secondly how long does it take to get the visa? i applied on 2nd nov and my classes start on 4th of january?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saeed khan said:
Hello people!!!!!!

I am writing from Pakistan. i have got admitted to a renowned university in Toronto. I have applied for my student visa. It has been two weeks since i applied but didnt recieve any call from the embassy for my medical. i was wondering is there a possibility that i wont have to give a medical examination?

secondly how long does it take to get the visa? i applied on 2nd nov and my classes start on 4th of january?
1. Yes, you will require a medical from Pakistan.
2. Minimum of 4 weeks from the receipt of the complete application. Note the web site states apply 2-3 months before start of classes.

PMM

saeed khan

Star Member
Nov 14, 2009
thank you for your reply. well i did apply aprox. 2 months before the start of my classes. any idea by when should i expect a call for my medical test?

saeed khan

Star Member
Nov 14, 2009
do you think i will get my visa decision before my classes start (4th of january). secondly what are the main things they want tp check in

the medical test? i.e aids, swine flu , tuberculosis ect? secondly i do social smoking? do you think i should quit till my medical or it doesn't matter??

thirdly are you 100% sure that i will have to go through a medical examination?

thank you kista and PMM =)

kista

Aug 24, 2009
In Pak, a medical is required for study permit.
do you think i will get my visa decision before my classes start (4th of january)?
Yes, most probably, if no docs are missing.
Medical is simple, x-ray, eye sight, weight, height, blood, urine.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Hi,
Im writing here cuz i think ill be in a similar position as that of saeed in a few days.
I just got my admission letter from the university of Waterloo today. I applied for the Winter session and classes start 4th of Jan.
I'm really confused whether this is the right time to apply or not? Even if i apply in a day or two i'll still have more than 4 weeks but people usually here tell it takes approx 3 months.
So should I apply right now, or should i first get my admission defered to the May session and then apply with the new admission letter?

Need a really quick response ..... thanx.

uzairkhan

Nov 23, 2009
HI My name is uzair, and i got admission in Uni of Alberta for Masters program. I submitted my application on 3rd Nov, but still i didn't recieve any cal for medical examination.

Can anybody help me what i have to do to check the status of my studen visa.

Thanks

kista

Aug 24, 2009
See on the website of courier through which you applied. It would be under process. When something will happen you will hear from embassy.

kista

Aug 24, 2009
One reason it takes 2 to 3 months for visa is that people apply 2 to 3 months before and they issue visa only near term start date. According to website about 33% people do get visa in 28 working days.