+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Marriage license a mandatory submission document, even if the spouse name is on the passport?

Roh4some

Jun 27, 2018
Good day All!!! I request your assistance with this small query of mine, grateful in advance to all your answers.

I have received an ITA for Canadian PR through express entry, would request your kind advice for following matter:
I am the primary applicant and my wife the secondary applicant, we have our names on each others passport as spouse but we only have a non attested church marriage certificate. Do we require a legal marriage licence from Indian embassy or courts for the document submission or the passport is sufficient as proof of marriage.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Good day All!!! I request your assistance with this small query of mine, grateful in advance to all your answers.

I have received an ITA for Canadian PR through express entry, would request your kind advice for following matter:
I am the primary applicant and my wife the secondary applicant, we have our names on each others passport as spouse but we only have a non attested church marriage certificate. Do we require a legal marriage licence from Indian embassy or courts for the document submission or the passport is sufficient as proof of marriage.

You need to have a legal marriage certificate.

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
I am stuck in a similar quandary with spouse details endorsed but no MC. I have applied it and waiting on it to complete my AOR. All other documents are ready.

It is mandatory. Good luck.

Roh4some

Jun 27, 2018
Thank you both of you for your messages. I had submitted all my docs but application was cancelled due to non provision of proper marriage certificate. The certificate I got from Indian Consulate would only state we are husband and wife based on our names on passport which CIC did not accept and cancelled my application as incomplete. I am only checking now for answers from all friends here if there is any other process which is shorter compared to going back to india and spending time and money for marriage registration, there is a wait period of 30 days as well post submission of docs specially in Mumbai. There is a separate thread I have started for same, you guys may also contribute there. If you have nay answers please do let me know. Thanks in advance

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/problem-with-marriage-certificate-india-for-nri-post-ita.616400/

Roh4some

Jun 27, 2018
I am stuck in a similar quandary with spouse details endorsed but no MC. I have applied it and waiting on it to complete my AOR. All other documents are ready.

It is mandatory. Good luck.
Hi Javed.

I see you made it, Congrats. If possible could you guide me if you know any shorter way to get out of this problem. Is an affidavit from IRCC registered lawyer workable?

Thanks in advance