+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is LMO renewal requied? Clarification needed.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I got a renewed LMO last year for a period of 2 years until 2010 when I was renewing my work permit a year ago.

It says smth like "opinion expiry date - April, 2010", but in the job description section there's employment duration field and it' 12 month there.

I need to renew work permit now, so, the question is - do I need to renew LMO as well? I'm a bit confused 'cause it says on the 1st page it's a "confirmation of employment for a period of 2 years", however duration of employment in 1 year.

I found discussion of the same situation, but it's still unclear whether my employer needs to reapply to hrsdc or not.

Has anyone been in such situation? Thank you.

PMIZZI

Jan 27, 2009
LMO's are usually issued for 2 years since the latest law changes 1 year ago. However if you only have a 1 year LMO then this requires to be updated.

leigh

Jan 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how if the applicant was refused is it possible to re use again the LMO or the employer need to apply again for a new one?

tnx

hillsong

Feb 1, 2009
got the same question too? but in my case my employer will be willing to get this updated. but how long will be the process since its she just have to renew it

alsar

May 29, 2009
Hi all,

Just a follow-up question same with Leigh's. If you re-apply for a work permit after the first application was refused, can I use same LMO and Employment Contract. My LMO expires in November 2009. Thanks so much...