+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to move to Canada and then find a job there?

karvar2

Sep 11, 2014
Hi,
I am from India. 24 yrs old. I have 3 yrs of Software Engineering experience in one of the most reputed software product companies in the world. I love canada and look forward to move there, work and then get a PR later.. Or getting a PR directly is also fine. Not a problem. So what are my possibilities to get a VISA to move to canada. I plan to leave my job here, reach canada and then find an IT job there. Is tat possible? I am also ready to study so that i can move to canada. I have a good academic background. If studying is the only option, can I just write IELTS (No GRE) and get a good university in Canada which will help me find a job after my tenure of education? And is there Spring intakes in Canadian universities (January semester)?. If so, Am I too late to apply for Spring 2015?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
karvar2 said:
Hi,
I am from India. 24 yrs old. I have 3 yrs of Software Engineering experience in one of the most reputed software product companies in the world. I love canada and look forward to move there, work and then get a PR later.. Or getting a PR directly is also fine. Not a problem. So what are my possibilities to get a VISA to move to canada. I plan to leave my job here, reach canada and then find an IT job there. Is tat possible? I am also ready to study so that i can move to canada. I have a good academic background. If studying is the only option, can I just write IELTS (No GRE) and get a good university in Canada which will help me find a job after my tenure of education? And is there Spring intakes in Canadian universities (January semester)?. If so, Am I too late to apply for Spring 2015?
It is not possible to move and then find job (unless you went there as a student). You would either need to find job before moving or get intra-company transfer to Canada and then apply for work permit. OR, and this is something you can and should do, is apply for PR and then go with a PR. Look into FSW program open right now. The qualifying criteria are in this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Also, since you are a software engineer you would probably in in NOC 2171/2172/2173/2174. Look into them and see which one you fall into. If it's the first two then, you might have time to apply before the program closes or cap is reached. Even if you can't apply now, you will likely have an opportunity to apply next year, starting Jan 2015.

If you want to go there as a student, rules and requirements will vary with the university. Check their website for details. Although if you want to go to a good university into a good program (with a better job prospect), then you should plan on taking GRE/GMAT. It probably is too late for Spring 2015.