+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to get ECA for Post-Degree study before getting Diploma?

eddyrg

Jun 28, 2018
I already finished a Project Management Specialization (with got a Bachelor diploma on Informatics Engineering). My diploma will be awarded next January. I know that WES evaluates in-progress studies, but, since i am no longer studying, and my University can issue an official document stating that i successfully finished the academic requirements, can i use that document (copy) instead the (copy) of the diploma required by WES? Has anyone gone on this scenario? Thanks in advance.

magester1

Jan 9, 2019
Did you ever figure out if you could use it?
I'm in the same situation as you, having completed a 1-year post-graduate course but my university takes its sweet time issuing a diploma (around 12 months). However, in the mean time, they can give you a certificate of "in-progress" diploma which certifies you have completed your studies and are just waiting for the diploma to arrive.
I guess that what we need to know is whether WES will accept that certificate/document instead of a copy of the diploma and let us submit it as a "completed diploma" rather than in-progress studies, because for immigration purposes these aren't allowed.

Jasonmoon86

Jan 1, 2020
I already finished a Project Management Specialization (with got a Bachelor diploma on Informatics Engineering). My diploma will be awarded next January. I know that WES evaluates in-progress studies, but, since i am no longer studying, and my University can issue an official document stating that i successfully finished the academic requirements, can i use that document (copy) instead the (copy) of the diploma required by WES? Has anyone gone on this scenario? Thanks in advance.
How did you process with this issue? I am currently experiencing the same dillema!