+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to change "close work permit" to an Open one?

bostonpizza

Oct 13, 2016
I had 3 years Post Gruaduate Work Permit and got AINP (Restriction on employment- Says No), and it was expired last August 2015. After that, my agency applied a closed work permit(expiring 2018) for me. I received my CIC file # over half years ago. Right now, I am kind of in a tough situation because I cannot work anywhere else. Is it possible to change the closed work permit to an open one?

Also, I called CIC last week, they said they will still process my pr application regardless of my employment situation, meanning I can quit work and waiting for final decision. Guys is that right? If I quit working, will cic still process my application?

Please help out, thanks a lot!

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
Ideally you should continue to work but its not always possible and CIC understands that. You can apply for an open bridging work permit while your current work Permit is expiring within the next 4 months and you already have your AOR. Even if you become unemployed your PR will be prcessed regardless.

bostonpizza

Oct 13, 2016
Abdul Hannan said:
Ideally you should continue to work but its not always possible and CIC understands that. You can apply for an open bridging work permit while your current work Permit is expiring within the next 4 months and you already have your AOR. Even if you become unemployed your PR will be prcessed regardless.
Thanks for answering! Unfortuenally, My current closed work permit will still run for another 18 months :-X