+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to Apply PR under CEC for my situation ?

iamraj

May 2, 2011
Hi,

I have been working for IBM as skilled worker for the past 1 year and will be working for more 4 months i.e. 16 months alltogether. My project gets finished in September and I am supposed to leave by the end of the month.

My concern is, Am I eligible under CEC category ?
If not, I plan to apply for PR in July selecting as applied from outside Canada i.e. India, but I will be here in Canada till september, I am doing this to cover up 3 months. Do I need to be in India while the processing takes place ?

Will the Canadian work experience helps in getting a PR ? I shall also add my wife who is also a skilled worker but do not possess any canadian work experience but she was with for 10 months in Canada as a Dependent. Hope this helps too.

Appreciate your inputs and help.

Thanks
Raj

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
iamraj said:
Hi,

I have been working for IBM as skilled worker for the past 1 year and will be working for more 4 months i.e. 16 months alltogether. My project gets finished in September and I am supposed to leave by the end of the month. My concern is, Am I eligible under CEC category ?

No, CEC requires 2 years (24 months) of work experience.

If not, I plan to apply for PR in July selecting as applied from outside Canada i.e. India, but I will be here in Canada till september, I am doing this to cover up 3 months. Do I need to be in India while the processing takes place ?

I don't know what you mean. Under which program are you eligible?

Will the Canadian work experience helps in getting a PR ? I shall also add my wife who is also a skilled worker but do not possess any canadian work experience but she was with for 10 months in Canada as a Dependent. Hope this helps too.

It depends. In the Federal Skilled Worker class, yes, Canadian experience will give you some points.

iamraj

May 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply Jes.

Second point what i was referring to is, I plan to apply PR under general category as I fullfill the eligibility requirements. My Question was Can I apply online selecting an option applying from outside canada still being in Canada (i got 3 months more of project work) ? I hope u got my point.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamraj said:

Second point what i was referring to is, I plan to apply PR under general category as I fullfill the eligibility requirements. My Question was Can I apply online selecting an option applying from outside canada still being in Canada (i got 3 months more of project work) ? I hope u got my point.
You are still not providing enough information. Which economic class are you talking about? CEC doesn't work because you don't have enough months/hours. Skilled worker requires either at least 1 year of experience in one of the 29 listed occupations or a permanent job offer in a skilled position with a Canadian company. Provincial Nominee Programs have a variety of requirements depending on the province in which you apply. There is no "general category" where you can apply online for PR.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
iamraj said:

There IS no "general category." Suggest that you spend some time with the CIC website and learn the basics, no doubt you will be able to answer your own questions,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp