NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
Hi All,

Please forgive me if this sounds repetitive, also, I have researched extensively on this and not sure this to be true. One of my friends working in Canada has scored 900+ points (with Canada work exp) but says he has yet to receive an ITA. However, as per my understanding, since the last few draws, everybody clearing the cutoffs irrespective of whether he/she has an LMIA or SS, has recvd ITA. My queries or rather confirmation I am looking for -

1. Is ITA issuance also dependent on NOC even if we are clearing the cut off ?

2. Is the criteria for CEC filing different (supposedly if my friend has filed under this which I would have to confirm)?

Your inputs would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsgautam said:
Hi All,

Please forgive me if this sounds repetitive, also, I have researched extensively on this and not sure this to be true. One of my friends working in Canada has scored 900+ points (with Canada work exp) but says he has yet to receive an ITA. However, as per my understanding, since the last few draws, everybody clearing the cutoffs irrespective of whether he/she has an LMIA or SS, has recvd ITA. My queries or rather confirmation I am looking for -

1. Is ITA issuance also dependent on NOC even if we are clearing the cut off ?

2. Is the criteria for CEC filing different (supposedly if my friend has filed under this which I would have to confirm)?

Your inputs would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance
If there have been draws since your friend filed his EE application and he did not receive an invitation, something is wrong. First, he needs to check that he has an email from CIC in his account welcoming him to the EE pool. If he does not have that email, he is not in the pool. My guess is that he does not have that email, or that it was issued after the last draw.

With 900+ points, he must have an LMIA-supported job offer or a Provincial Nomination. If he has a job in Canada on an open work permit, intra-company transfer, or PGWP, he may think he has 600 points that he doesn't have. Make sure he has an LMIA or Provincial Nomination. They are the only way to score more than 600 points.

Then - why does he think he has filed under CEC? We don't get to choose this any more - CIC chooses for us on the basis of our answers to the EE questionnaire. You have to meet certain qualifications for BOTH one of the economic programs - FSW, FST, or CEC - AND the EE minimums.

If he does not have an LMIA or PNP - and therefore does not have 900+ points - but does qualify otherwise, he has to register for the Job Bank before his EE application is accepted - even if he has a job in Canada under another kind of work permit.

In short, your friend needs to go back and check his application. It has nothing to do with NOC - everyone in the pool at the time of the last draw who scored 453 points or more has an invitation.