+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible move to my wife after sending outland application from canada

tom111

Jun 29, 2012
Hello everyone!
We have all papers ready to send but I would like to go in Sydney stay there with my wife. Actually I'm in Québec and we plan to live in Québec too.II'm not sure if it's possible and if it will change anything to our application, If there people's that did same., I would appreciate any tips, thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
tom111 said:
Hello everyone!
We have all papers ready to send but I would like to go in Sydney stay there with my wife. Actually I'm in Québec and we plan to live in Québec too.II'm not sure if it's possible and if it will change anything to our application, If there people's that did same., I would appreciate any tips, thanks
Hey Tom111,

The rule is: if you are a PR of Canada, you have to stay in Canada during the process. You can go and visit (2 weeks, maybe 3) but you have to stay in Canada.
If you are a Canadian citizen, you can be outside of Canada for the whole time. The only difference in your application is that if you are not in Canada, you will need to prove that you are moving to Canada once the PR for your wife is granted. Proofs may be a job offer, an apartment, letters from friends and family that they know about your plans to bring your wife to Canada, etc.

Other than that - all good! My partner (canadian citizen) sponsored me when we were still living outside of Canada and we only came back a month before the PR was approved and it didn't play a role in your application.

Good luck,
Sweden