+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it easy to get Dependent visa for wife or Express Entry along with me?

mohmmed11

Oct 12, 2021
Which is the best option? Is it better that I get Express Entry first then bring my wife here with a Dependant visa? Or is it better to make her an applicant in my Express Entry profile?
Is it difficult to get dependant visa later?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Which is the best option? Is it better that I get Express Entry first then bring my wife here with a Dependant visa? Or is it better to make her an applicant in my Express Entry profile?
Is it difficult to get dependant visa later?
There is no such thing as a dependant visa. You need to include her in your EE application either as accompanying or non accompanying. This will depend on your CRS score and whether her qualifications improve the CRS score.

mohmmed11

Oct 12, 2021
There is no such thing as a dependant visa. You need to include her in your EE application either as accompanying or non accompanying. This will depend on your CRS score and whether her qualifications improve the CRS score.
What if I didn't include her? How is it possible to take her to Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You have to include her in your EE application if you are married or common law. If you don’t that is misrepresentation. You can choose accompanying (where she moves with you as PR) or non accompanying (whe you get PR, move to Canada and then sponsor her. Takes about a year). What is your status in Canada now?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to sponsor her for PR as your spouse. If you go this route, you need to be prepared to be separated from your spouse for most of a year.

It's much better to include your spouse as accompanying in your application so that you get PR together and can avoid prolonged periods of separation.