+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is IELTS Academic acceptable for Express Entry Program?

Jun 19, 2024
I am trying to apply for Canadian Express Entry program, but am unable to complete my application and gettign an absolute 0. I am worried if it is due to IELTS Academic Test? And they require IELTS General?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply. And if I dont have a valid job offer and provincial nomination, can I still apply?
If you have 67 selection points, you can submit a profile without job offer or nomination. Do you have enough points? This is not your CRS score. You want over 500 for invitation.

Jun 19, 2024
I am an Engineer from Pakistan and have a Bachelor's Degree. If I am able to somehow earn provincial nomination, my score will get amazing. Can you please tell if which provincial nomination is best suited for myself?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am an Engineer from Pakistan and have a Bachelor's Degree. If I am able to somehow earn provincial nomination, my score will get amazing. Can you please tell if which provincial nomination is best suited for myself?
So you have ECA? What is your IELTS scores? There are only a few PNPs through EE so not sure if your score and NOC are eligible. Research PNP programs. For some you may need your professional engineering designation.

Jun 19, 2024
I can get my ECA done, I know that I qualify for it. (However, to save funds, I want to only apply when I know if I am eligible for a program or not, may be I will have to do it for any other country, so this will be a burden on me).

My IELTS Academic is 7 (Reading and Listening 7.5, Writing 7, and Spoken 6.5)

I already have sent expression of interest for Saskatchewan, but dont want to sit idol and keep exploring other possibilities.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I can get my ECA done, I know that I qualify for it. (However, to save funds, I want to only apply when I know if I am eligible for a program or not, may be I will have to do it for any other country, so this will be a burden on me).

My IELTS Academic is 7 (Reading and Listening 7.5, Writing 7, and Spoken 6.5)

I already have sent expression of interest for Saskatchewan, but dont want to sit idol and keep exploring other possibilities.
How did you send EOI with academic score? Through OID? SINP is based on SINP score and whether NOC is selected. So check that. You will need to be licensed too so that takes time. You need to show that you have maintained funds for at least 6 months.

Jun 19, 2024

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They did not ask for any IELTS details.
And No, Not OID.
My score is 60.

Licensed from where?
I do have (more than) minimum funds Almsot half in my personal account and remaining in my parents account and maininting them for a very long time.

Ref: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/browse-sinp-programs/applicants-international-skilled-workers/assess-your-eligibility
So you applied through an Express Entry profile? So how did you apply without ECA and IELTS general? Look on SINP for licensing requirements for you NOC. Probably through APEGS. 60 is the minimum score. The last draw was a score of 88 for a select number of NOCs. You need to increase your score considerably and get licensed.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/browse-sinp-programs/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-eoi-system