+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is chest X-ray exam bad for breast-feeding mother?

500w

Mar 22, 2019
Hi, brothers and sisters! My wife is required to go through physical exam but she is now breastfeeding our newborn baby. We were told there would be X ray exam for chest, so we were truly concerned about its negative effects for her body and wondering if it is ok for breastfeeding mother to undergo the chest exam?

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Hi, brothers and sisters! My wife is required to go through physical exam but she is now breastfeeding our newborn baby. We were told there would be X ray exam for chest, so we were truly concerned about its negative effects for her body and wondering if it is ok for breastfeeding mother to undergo the chest exam?
Yes, it's perfectly fine for her to have a chest x-ray. She should let the radiographer know of any medical issues, but an x-ray is not going to be harmful if she's breastfeeding.
Congratulations on the new baby :)

Reactions: shalenabennie

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
She will be given a cover to put over herself for the xray, but it's perfectly safe for both her and for her milk. Congratulations

JessicaBaker

Oct 22, 2020
congrats on your newborn baby! I guess, just in case it was dangerous, the doze of x-ray would be really-really small, it couldn't be dangerous even for a breastfeeding mother

JessicaBaker

Oct 22, 2020
just wanted to be helpful:) I remember the times when I just became a mother, I was so worried about everything. However, I personally have done x-ray exams pretty often when I was breastfeeding. It was totally alright, not considering the fact that my milk was over when my baby boy was 4 months, I was pretty upset, however my husband said that I shouldn't be bothered that much, because mother-nature knows better, so probably it was high time for ordering special formulas from anyorganics.com. Really grateful that I had managed to discover this online shop before I went to our local shops where such formulas cost three times more expensive.

Last edited:

Debora53

Nov 19, 2020
My doctor told me that such radiation is undesirable when feeding. So he advised me baby milk formula https://thebestfromjapan.com/holle-cows-milk-formula-1-baby This formula may provide him with all the necessary vitamins, limiting harmful substances. I have read the contents of the product, and I am sure that this milk will help my baby grow up beautiful and healthy.

Last edited: