+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is an MEng from Windsor really worth it?

khabkhab

Aug 2, 2014
Lahore-Pakistan
Visa Office......
Lahore-Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct. 2014
Med's Request
14 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
Up-front
VISA ISSUED...
31 Dec. 2014
LANDED..........
9 Jan 2015
I have been admitted to Meng Program Electrical Jan Intake 2015.

But now that I have got admission, I am having second thoughts whether I should go there or not. I have heard and also read on some of the earlier posts from seniors on this forum that Windsor is not a well-reputed university in Canada and the availability of jobs is also an issue for windsor students after completion of their course especially after 2008 recession.

So my question is that is uWindsor really worth of all the money we are going to spend?

2ndly I have also come to know that since Meng from windsor is 16 months long program so for that we'll get a 1 year PGWP. Is that true?

Seniors Please reply to this post.

My Profile:
10th : 93%
HSSC : 90%
B.E : 82%
TOEFL : 101

simrat0721

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With 82% in your B.E , dont go for Windsor
Try for much better.. u can get in Mcmaster, UBC, McGill
But for Winter2015 ,the deadline is over.. Email and ask these universities if you can still apply for winter2015 intake ?
Else apply for May2015
P.S-- Windsor is Costly too and not Well Reputed
If you dont have any other option, then go for it

khabkhab

Aug 2, 2014
Lahore-Pakistan
Visa Office......
Lahore-Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct. 2014
Med's Request
14 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
Up-front
VISA ISSUED...
31 Dec. 2014
LANDED..........
9 Jan 2015
simrat0721 said:
With 82% in your B.E , dont go for Windsor
Try for much better.. u can get in Mcmaster, UBC, McGill
But for Winter2015 ,the deadline is over.. Email and ask these universities if you can still apply for winter2015 intake ?
Else apply for May2015
P.S-- Windsor is Costly too and not Well Reputed
If you dont have any other option, then go for it
Well I am also waiting for a reply from Ottawa but it's been months since I applied and haven't received any response but that's an issue for another day.
Right now I don't have any other choice. And I fear if I miss this opportunity I may or may not get admission next year. :mad:

Is there any difference in course-work in May intake from other Intakes?

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Well bro. To be honest Windsor should be the last destination. It surely is better than many other universities. Go for Windsor if you don't have any other options left. Just a summary of my experience I want to share. I have BSc - 84%, MSc - 70%. Still I got rejected from Mcmaster, Waterloo, Guelph, Regina and Calgary. Only Windsor gave me admit. In my case I have only Windsor as option :)

MANINDER BRAR

Sep 25, 2014
khabkhab said:
I have been admitted to Meng Program Electrical Jan Intake 2015.

But now that I have got admission, I am having second thoughts whether I should go there or not. I have heard and also read on some of the earlier posts from seniors on this forum that Windsor is not a well-reputed university in Canada and the availability of jobs is also an issue for windsor students after completion of their course especially after 2008 recession.

So my question is that is uWindsor really worth of all the money we are going to spend?

2ndly I have also come to know that since Meng from windsor is 16 months long program so for that we'll get a 1 year PGWP. Is that true?

Seniors Please reply to this post.

My Profile:
10th : 93%
HSSC : 90%
B.E : 82%
TOEFL : 101
bro have you got the answer of the question that either we will get pgwp for 1 year or 3 years because i had asked to univ. officals they said that 16 month program technically become two years program so you may get three yaer work permit

gosanket

Jul 24, 2014
MANINDER BRAR said:
bro have you got the answer of the question that either we will get pgwp for 1 year or 3 years because i had asked to univ. officals they said that 16 month program technically become two years program so you may get three yaer work permit
One academic year consists of 8 months and its a two years course!