+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is 67 still the magic number?

Paparazzi

Nov 2, 2014
Hi friends,

Had been frustrated by the 67 point requirement placed on the FSWP and am now wondering if the frustration is to remain or if it has been taken away. Under the original FSWP, my points were as follows:

Edu: 22 (2 degrees as unfortunately my masters was considered only as a 4 year bachelors by WES despite all of my pleading)
Lang: 24 (6 x 4)
Exp: 15 (been working for 23 odd years
Spouse IELTS: 5
Total: 66 (all because WES refuses to give due credit to my Master of Commerce done at a reputed university in India).

As a result of the above, I had given up hope and accepted that I had wasted my money on the various attestations, ECA, police clearance, Agents fee, etc. Four days ago, I went to the agent with a friend interested in immigrating and was told that the criteria has changed and that based on the new criteria I would be eligible. A quick evaluation by the agent and canadavisa.com beta tool (canadavisa. com / comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator .html) showed the following:

Education : 119
Language : 125
Spouse Edu: 8
Spouse Lan: 14
Skill Trans:
Edu & Lang: 50
Work & Lang: 50
Total: 366

So,
a) Is 67 still the magic number?
b) If I AM indeed eligible :) would I need to do the ECA for my wife? Although she has got a bachelor degree in economics, she never collected the certificate from the university. If ECA is necessary, we will need to apply for the certificate after 20 odd years and then get the same attested. She also has a certificate in travel & tourism. She worked for 20 years as a travel counselor, if it helps. Got to get working on this IF I am indeed eligible!

Thanks for any input
Cheers :)

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
Paparazzi said:
Hi friends,

Had been frustrated by the 67 point requirement placed on the FSWP and am now wondering if the frustration is to remain or if it has been taken away. Under the original FSWP, my points were as follows:

Edu: 22 (2 degrees as unfortunately my masters was considered only as a 4 year bachelors by WES despite all of my pleading)
Total: 66 (all because WES refuses to give due credit to my Master of Commerce done at a reputed university in India).

As a result of the above, I had given up hope and accepted that I had wasted my money on the various attestations, ECA, police clearance, Agents fee, etc. Four days ago, I went to the agent with a friend interested in immigrating and was told that the criteria has changed and that based on the new criteria I would be eligible. A quick evaluation by the agent and canadavisa.com beta tool (canadavisa. com / comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator .html) showed the following:

Skill Trans:

1. To apply under FSW in EE you still need to get 67 points otherwise your EE profile show show you as 'Ineligible'
2. Yes, for your spouse you need to have ECA as well as IELTS to get spouse language and education points.

Do let me know for any further queries.

So,
b) If I AM indeed eligible :) would I need to do the ECA for my wife? Although she has got a bachelor degree in economics, she never collected the certificate from the university. If ECA is necessary, we will need to apply for the certificate after 20 odd years and then get the same attested. She also has a certificate in travel & tourism. She worked for 20 years as a travel counselor, if it helps. Got to get working on this IF I am indeed eligible!

Thanks for any input

concorde

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-08-2016
Paparazzi said:
Hi friends,

Skill Trans:

So,

Thanks for any input
Really sorry to hear that. On the plus side, your points won't depreciate further, so any efforts you put in would only increase the score.

May be a long shot, but have you considered learning French? there are still 4 points to be claimed on that front. Won't exactly be a cakewalk, but may be the only option. Or you may consider Manitoba (opens in March 2015). Although sponsor is required to apply, whether they change their system this year remains to be seen.

Theoretically, you would qualify if you have an employment offer supported by an LMIA from Canada (hence adding 10+5 pts in your FSW calculation and 600 in CRS score), but chances for that are abysmal, especially when you can't enter the EE pool.