corrheag

May 26, 2019
Toronto
App. Filed.......
09-19-2019
AOR Received.
11-25-2019
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to change my address with IRCC and have been having trouble. I tried six times! I tried through the IRCC Web Form, which has not been helpful as they would not move past needing to verify more information:

"Good day xx

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and by following these instructions:

• If you are the sponsor and are inquiring about the principal applicant, include the following information in the Your enquiry box of the web form:
o the sponsor's surname and complete given name, and

o the sponsor's date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD), and

• In the Applicant information section of the web form, enter the principal applicant's information."
I got this answer five times.

Then, I tried via the online web request to change my address on ECAS, and they said I cannot change my address because I am requesting to change the address for the sponsor and the applicant, so both parties need to request the change:

"Your request for a change of address for UCI XXX was not completed.

You recently submitted a request for a change of address. We could not change your address for one of the following reasons:
  • you are trying to change the address for more than one person; each applicant must submit their own separate request; if an applicant is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must submit the request for them"
I am the sponsor. I was in the US with my husband (the applicant) but now I have moved back to Canada and want to change my address! This is an address change for the sponsor only!

Is there anyone here that has been able to do this successfully?

Thanks in advance!

corrheag

May 26, 2019
Toronto
App. Filed.......
09-19-2019
AOR Received.
11-25-2019
Call them. That's what my husband did. It took 2 minutes and it was done.
Thank you! they actually changed it, however, are you able to tell me the number you use to call just in case I need to. And how you do you get past the automated system to speak to a live person?

Thanks,

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
The phone number is 1-888-242-2100
If I recall correctly, the option were 2-2-0 but he called about 3 weeks ago. So, I can't garanty you it is the good options. Often the line said: we receive too many calls at the moment, call later. :S but once we got the line, it was pretty quick.