+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC rejected application at the first stage claiming police certificate does not cover whole period in China.

Syedraza1010

Nov 1, 2020
Hi all

IRCC has cancelled/rejected my application in the first stage stating that I did not provide a police clearance certificate for my complete time spent in China.
While filing my application, I attached an explanatory letter explaining why my police certificate from China didn't cover the whole period.

Should I go and raise a webform or is there any way of reopening my case and discuss with them?

If I make a new profile, and explain my date of living in China from the time when I get my TRP (see background below), does the IRCC go and look back at my previous application or ask for proof of exit/entry stamps on the passport?

Background
There are two things in play. One is a correct judgment by IRCC, while the other is a complete misjudgment.

1. (Where IRCC is right): The 1st two months I spent are not covered in a Chinese police certificate because I didn't get the Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) till that time without which it is unable to get registration in a police station in China (which is necessary within 30 days of getting TRP)

2. (Where IRCC misunderstood): I did last 3 months of my work (I was a lecturer) from my home country working remotely. I did mention my stay dates in China very clearly. But IRCC assumes that I was in China for the whole time and argues that I don't have a police certificate for that as well.

Deekyu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hi all

IRCC has cancelled/rejected my application in the first stage stating that I did not provide a police clearance certificate for my complete time spent in China.
While filing my application, I attached an explanatory letter explaining why my police certificate from China didn't cover the whole period.

Should I go and raise a webform or is there any way of reopening my case and discuss with them?

If I make a new profile, and explain my date of living in China from the time when I get my TRP (see background below), does the IRCC go and look back at my previous application or ask for proof of exit/entry stamps on the passport?

Background
There are two things in play. One is a correct judgment by IRCC, while the other is a complete misjudgment.

1. (Where IRCC is right): The 1st two months I spent are not covered in a Chinese police certificate because I didn't get the Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) till that time without which it is unable to get registration in a police station in China (which is necessary within 30 days of getting TRP)

2. (Where IRCC misunderstood): I did last 3 months of my work (I was a lecturer) from my home country working remotely. I did mention my stay dates in China very clearly. But IRCC assumes that I was in China for the whole time and argues that I don't have a police certificate for that as well.
Sorry to hear about the rejection. How long from the AOR till they sent you the notice?