+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC reassessing eligibility requirements

M33

Oct 18, 2023
Hi, am trying to figure this out, I can see only one post similar to mine but the poster is not replying to any messages.
If there is someone else here who are in the same situation as me please connect..
I already received pre arrival and AIP but gcms notes says that my eligibility has been reopened for stage one review.
Its been 3 months and no update.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, am trying to figure this out, I can see only one post similar to mine but the poster is not replying to any messages.
If there is someone else here who are in the same situation as me please connect..
I already received pre arrival and AIP but gcms notes says that my eligibility has been reopened for stage one review.
Its been 3 months and no update.
There can be a number of different reasons why this can happen. Do you have any sense why? For some reason IRCC is questioning if you meet eligibility as a sponsor. Are you living with the applicant? Have you gone on social assistance? It's hard to guess. If you really don't know, order your GCMS notes.

Reactions: YVR123

M33

Oct 18, 2023
There can be a number of different reasons why this can happen. Do you have any sense why? For some reason IRCC is questioning if you meet eligibility as a sponsor. Are you living with the applicant? Have you gone on social assistance? It's hard to guess. If you really don't know, order your GCMS notes.
I already mentioned above that GCMS notes was showing eligibility reopened!
IRCC requested for additional information which I sent them. I got my AIP after submitting the documents as well as pre-arrival letter which only the Principle applicant get.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I already mentioned above that GCMS notes was showing eligibility reopened!
IRCC requested for additional information which I sent them. I got my AIP after submitting the documents as well as pre-arrival letter which only the Principle applicant get.
What was the additional information requested? Again, have you been living continuously with the applicant? Any other changes in circumstances?

M33

Oct 18, 2023
What was the additional information requested? Again, have you been living continuously with the applicant? Any other changes in circumstances?
They asked for my marriage certificate - It was already attached with my application and for some reason they have not looked into it.
And proof of cohabitation because I could not provide any at the time when I submitted my application as I was on visitor visa.
I received AIP after resubmitting the certificate and bank statements and bills on same address. Nothing changed and I requested the notes to know about background since eligibility was completed.